Friday 17 October 2014

AUTUMNAL BURGUNDY OUTFIT

Dress: Zara
Coat: Zara
Boots: Russell and Bromley
Hat: Primark
Lipstick: MAC 'Darkside'

I would have to say this is probably one of my favourite autumnal outfits, I love how all the colours are matched with each other and I just love autumn clothes in general - especially burgundy, there is something about that colour that I just cannot get enough of at this time of year!

I have surprised myself as I have actually worn this floppy hat quite a few times now - I just bought a cheap one from Primark as I thought it would just end up sitting in my bedroom collecting dust, but I really feel it pulls a whole outfit together! A quick tip if you have one and it always flies off in the wind, use the clips you use for hair extensions (I bought mine on eBay for 1p!!) and sew a couple to the ribbon on the inside of the hat. My sister gave me the idea and I'm so glad she did as it works so well! I'm not sure if Primark do any other colours of this hat, I bought mine in the Cardiff shop and I only saw the burgundy ones in there. It is actually pretty good quality, and it is 100% wool so it's extra warm - plus I always seem to get a lot of compliments from people when I wear it too!

22 comments:

  1. You are stunning!
    I need this hat!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hat, as if it's Primark! What a good tip for the clips too. Like seriously clever I'd never think of it!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunner Islay, you look amazing girl! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress, the mixed pattern is so cute!

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit! Love the hat x

    www.fashionfrift.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous outfit! I always go back to this burgundy colour in autumn as well :) great idea with the clips! I was just about to give up on wearing hats with this windy weather xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous autumn outfit, the colours go perfectly together! Loving your lipstick too x
    What Rachael Wrote

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous outfit! Can't believe the hat's from Primark!

    Jess at Where'sMyLipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hat and the lipstick... Defo need to pick up one of these hats, you look beaut!

    wearemonochrome.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is gorgeous on you! And you've now got me lusting after a floppy hat!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOUR DRESS! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR DRESS! XX

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.