Tuesday 22 January 2013

'vampy'








♥ Revlon 'va va violet' lipstick
♥ SHF false eyelashes style 0058* (full range here)
if you want to know any of the other products I used then leave a comment with your email or twitter and I'll let you know what they are!

I've been looking for a dark purple lipstick for a while so when I saw Revlon had just the shade I had been searching for in one of my favourite formulas (super-lustrous) I knew I had to get it! I've only worn it twice so far but lots of people have said they liked it and I've had loads of people asking which lipstick it is! The colour is perfect for this time of year and I quite like the vampy sort of look!
 It's the same formula as my favourite lipstick which is called 'cherries in the snow' which I mention all the time on here and wear loads too. They're not super long lasting on the lips and you have to re-apply every couple of hours to keep up the colour but I think this is due to the formula being so creamy and moisturising. I love both of them and I want to pick up some more colours after pay day! Oh and they're currently only £5 in Boots so if you're feeling brave then I would really recommend  one of those two colours but they also have plenty of more natural colours in the range too!
It's not like me to wear false eyelashes but these ones are fairly natural looking so I'd say they would be suitable to wear during the day or at night. They come with the glue included so you don't have to buy your own one which is useful, especially if you don't wear them often. They were really easy to apply even for a newbie like me who doesn't wear lashes regulary as they have clear instructions on the back to make them even easier to apply. The different lengths of these lashes helps to add length and volume to your natural ones, making them look fuller and longer. I had to give them a bit of a trim at the ends so that they fitted my eye properly but once they were on they were comfortable enough to wear all day and they didn't start to fall off either which often can happen! Again you can buy them here


would you wear purple lipstick or do you prefer more subtle colours?




15 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour. I absolutely love plum lipsticks for this time of year, I have a Rimmel London one which is similar to yours! :) Those eyelashes look really nice & natural too!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a fan of the berry look trend, but it actually really really suits you! You look very pretty!

    http://danielleyc.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour but can never pull it off, it looks lovely on you though... Especially loving those lashes!! xx

    Charli | Secrets Behind The Closet Door

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eyelashes and the lipstick both looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lashes are stunning! I dont usually wear any but im so tempted by those ones. You really suit that lip colour too, im not sure if i could pull it off.

    Zoe | zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even notice you were wearing eyelashes, they look amazing! and that lipstick loos so nice! xx
    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. those eyelashes are lovely! Bright lipshade, looks really nice though! :)
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly this is stunning on you! The eyelashes look so natural and I genuinely adore that lip colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh Islay! This lipstick is absolutely gorgeous! You look gorgeous! These eyelashes look really natural, at first I didn't even notice that you wore them! :o x Laura

    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this brand, but eyelashes look so nice :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I was brave enough to wear dark purple! I have a few plummy lipsticks, but nothing quite this vampy!
    You look incredible :D

    Mollie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. *adds this to wishlist* I love this shade! It also really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love purple lipsticks and those eyelashes look great! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.