Thursday 13 March 2014

HOW I MAKE MY HAIR GROW QUICKLY- ALPECIN CAFFEINE SHAMPOO REVIEW

I recently bought this well hidden beauty product- marketed for aging and balding men, and designed to promote hair growth by stimulating and strengthening the root. After hearing a YouTuber mention it, I bought the Alpecin Caffeine shampoo around a month ago on a bit of a whim and without doing any research on it first. 
The initial thing which I noticed about the Caffeine shampoo was the smell. It has the typical 'clean man' smell to it, which isn't girly but I quite like the scent. The actual liquid is bright blue in colour, and has the same look to it as any normal woman's shampoo.
You use it like a regular shampoo- massaging it into wet hair and leaving for two minutes for the caffeine to do it's thing. When I apply it I properly massage it in, promoting blood flow to my scalp which is also meant to be beneficial to hair growth. I leave it for two minutes, you can feel a slight cooling/tingling sensation here as the caffeine gets to work and supposedly "travels along the hair shaft directly into the hair folicles" and, if left long enough "into the scalp".
It doesn't leave any residue at all in my hair and doesn't leave it feeling heavy or weighed down at all which is something that I was initially concerned about. It doesn't have any volumising/conditioning/split end protection etc. properties to it, so you will need to follow up using it with any conditioners, hair masks and oils which you normally use. The Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo doesn't leave my hair feeling dry at all so you probably won't need to use any extra products than you normally use to nourish and style it.
I don't really think I have any bad points to say about this shampoo. I do however not have colour treated hair and I use very minimal heat on it so I'm assuming  results may vary if you do either of these on a regular basis.

I've been using it for over a month now and during that time I've had several people commenting on the fact that my hair looks longer and I've also noticed myself that it does look longer and healthier than before. It retails for around £5 in Boots, so it is definitely worth picking up and trying if it is something that intrigues you and feel would work for you.


What do you think of the idea of using the Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo?
Are you interested in trying it?




15 comments:

  1. When I first saw this advertised a few years ago I was like I bet that would be good for growing hair! Gutted I didn't get it haha! Will defs get it for my next shampoo xx
    www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting to read actually because Little B used this when his hair was thinning really badly (it's a sensitive subject for him), and actually we found it did nothing for him, instead deciding to shave it all off for the better. However it obviously works more on the female, or instead somebody with 'more' hair! Maybe I should have tried it... haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds totally perfect for me, added to my mental shopping list aha :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered about this product, and finally someone has reviewed this stuff! I may just pick this up, whats the harm in seeing what it does ay! xx

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering whether to get this for a few months now...think I'm definitely going to try it now :) did you take any before and after pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive been wondering if this is any good for a while now after seeing this i went and bought some after work hopefully my hair grows abit! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll try anything that might make my hair grow!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the process of revamping my hair care routine, so this may have to be a new addition soon to! Lovely post Islay :)

    http://iyananikita.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i saw the adverts on this a while ago but never thought to try it out, sounds great though! xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dad has this because he's going bald aha! Sounds like its worth a try!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive been wanting to try this for months, might finally give it a go! :)
    Becky x
    Vintage Clothing UK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing ideas....

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.