Thursday 6 March 2014

THIS IS THE VIEW FROM THE OTHER SIDE

b


Dress: Chi Chi
Heels: Kurt Geiger
Bag: Tula (TKMaxx)
Nails: Jacava 'Black Forest Gateau'
 Lipstick: Chanel 'La Deseree'
 
When you look at these outfit photos can you please picture me having a nice, glowy tan instead of being as white as a sheet? I'm planning on wearing this Chi Chi 'Paris' dress to my summer ball which is months away but there's no harm in being prepared- right? I really like the fit of it, it's very flattering and thankfully isn't too long or short which can often happen with this style of dress. I am wearing it with my favourite ever Kurt Geigers, you can't go wrong with a super high black heels with this sort of dress. They're suede so have a slightly softer look to them than if they were a normal leather or a patent.
On my nails is a new Jacava nail polish in the shade 'Black Forest Gateau'. It's such a lovely red berry shade which applies really evenly and opaquely- you could probably get away with only having one coat if you didn't have the time or patience for two coats! Unfortunately though, I have only had it on for one day and already chipped on three of my nails- even with using my favourite Seche Vite top coat and Orly Bonder base coat.

What do you think of my Chi Chi dress? Should I wear it for my Summer Ball?

 

 

*The Chi Chi dress and Jacava nail polish were sent to me to feature in a
blog post. This however does not influence my opinion on these products
and itis 100% honest as always.
 
 

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress! I love red dresses, and it really suits you! xxx

    sunshineinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is such a a stunning colour
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look flipping incredible girl! So so stunning Islay! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so stunning! That dress is such a gorgeous colour and your hair is divine. Those heels are also the prettiest things I've ever seen! xo

    Oh So Bridie | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle
    You can also enter my current giveaway here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, wear it. You look gorgeous xxx

    Ps, can I have those shoes? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this outfit! Those shoes are gorgeous xx

    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning Islay! Really pretty dress and heels xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning! Love your hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Islay you look absolutely stunning! Everything from your voluminous hair to vampy lips is just gorgeous. Love!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this dress, it's so elegant yet girly and flattering. Also love love love the shoes! xx

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely!! and oh so chic hon x :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful dress!
    Love the shoes.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The the dress is adorable! So trendy, cute, and stylish!! I think you should definitely wear it to the summer ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, you definitely should wear it:) You're gorgeous!
    https://christine--g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so pretty!! Wear it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This blog is very well written and I appreciate your efforts.. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute dress!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.