Wednesday 16 April 2014

THE TWO COLOUR MAC SMOKEY EYE USING 'SHROOM' AND 'CLUB'





This is my two colour, everyday smokey eye which I have been wearing pretty much every day for the past week, it's so quick and easy to do and looks like you have put a lot more effort in than you actually have. I used the colours 'club' and 'shroom' from MAC which are both recent purchases of mine which I have been loving using.
After using the Urban Decay primer potion all over my lid, I use my MAC 239 dupe brush (check out my blog post on £1 brush dupes here) to put 'Shroom' half way across my lid and in the inner corner of my eye. I then used the MAC 217 brush to put 'club' in the outer corner and blended it out into the crease. I love club as it is a duochrome colour which changes from a brown to a silvery grey blue depending on which angle you look at it from. Club blends out to a brown colour but then using the same 217 blending brush I patted on the colour in the outer corner to build it up and add more pigment and vibrancy. This colour packing makes it a more intense dark silver/grey colour as opposed to brown. After this I just take a little bit of what is left on my brush and put it under the eye near the lash line to pull together the whole look.

What do you think of my two colour smokey eye? Have you tried MAC 'club' before? What is your favourite MAC eyeshadow?



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous eye look Islay. Might have to try this out with a few eyeshadows similar to this!
    Georgia | Brew up Buttercup
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Them colours work so well together! x

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try club for the longest time, I think it might be the next one I need to add to my MAC palette! Your eyes (and from what I can see of your nails in that swatches pic) look gorgeous!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous looking smokey eyes, the colours really compliment each other and it looks so pretty!
    I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to look at my blog I would be delighted. Thanks! :)

    cococami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum is off to Egypt in a couple of days and I am so tempted to add these two eye shadows onto my duty free list haha! They look so beautiful, I am looking for something like Shroom and I have asked her to get me the Vanilla pigment as that looks amazing :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. mac eyeshadows are just perfection. i really want to get my own palette.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love neutrals eye shadows and wow they look so pretty on you

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look beautiful together! I already own Club, but it does look lovely paired with Shroom which I don't own.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your eyes look so pretty, love the shades on the eyeshadow palette!

    www.claireelouisse.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.