Friday 25 July 2014

SOUK CUISINE, MARRAKECH















































Whilst in Marrakech, myself and Carissa went to an authentic cooking course at Souk Cuisine organised by Gemma who is a Dutch lady who moved to Morocco eight years ago to set up her own cooking class business in her Riad. The day was split up in to visiting the Souk markets to collect and buy the fresh ingredients (so fresh that the chicken was in fact killed in front of us...), learning how to cook the different dishes and then sitting down to eat it all. We did the course with four other people who were all lovely and helped to make it the highlight of our trip!
Whilst on the tour of the Souks, we met with different stall owners who taught us about the spices, vegetables and meats which are used in traditional Moroccan cooking. The dishes we made were a combination of salads, tagjines and biscuits along with fresh mint tea and Moroccan wine. I love how community focused the area is, you can pay the local bread bakery to use their stone oven and this is where we cooked our Sardines so that they were slow baked. Of all the dishes we made, the Zaahlouk which is I can only describe as an aubergine version of a guacamole was my favourite, and I can't wait to make it at home as I have the recipe!

We highly enjoyed out trip to the Souk Cuisine, and I would very much recommend it if you are in the area!





5 comments:

  1. Ehmagawd your photos are amazing! This looked amazing

    Laura | Laurzrah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the cooking lessons look amazingg! I've always wantedto try moroccn cusine cus of all the fab things I hear and this post has probably pushed me over the edge! ha, sushc beautt pics girly it looks liek you had such an incredible time!! xo

    stylegrande.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures, all the colours look so vibrant! I would love to go to Marrakech one day :)

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.