Monday 8 December 2014

MY MAKEUP BAG ESSENTIALS

















Mascara: L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes 
Foundation: Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish
Lipstick: Tom Ford 'Cherry Lush'
Under eye concealer: YSL Touche Eclat
Eyeshaddow: MAC Cool Neutral Palette 

Makeup bag: Whistles


These products are a few of my makeup bag essentials - ones that I reach for on a daily basis and use time and time again. I chose ones for this post that can give you a bit of a pick me up, and you can rely on in the morning to take you from looking fresh faced, to feeling able to take on the world. A good mascara makes your eyes look a lot wider and can help you fake the appearance of having bigger and more awake eyes. A radiant foundation can make you appear as if you have actually been eating all your greens and drinking plenty of water, instead of the unhealthy ready meals and alcohol that I'm sure is a lot more realistic representation of most people's diets! A bright lipstick is my favourite way to make you look as if you have actually put in a lot more effort in the morning than you really have - when it really only takes two minutes to apply. A radiant under eye concealer is a great way to fake a good nights sleep and will cover up those dark circles by bringing light to that area instead of the natural dark shadow. I will never forgive myself for not getting into eyeshaddow earlier than I did - a couple of neutral colours blended together can really help to wing out your eye shape and draw more attention to your eyes, especially if you haven't had time to do the whole contour, blush and highlight thing. If I am in a rush, I will simply pat one one colour all over the lid and blend it out - faking the fact that it only took you 30 seconds to actually do.



9 comments:

  1. your mac palette looks awesome, do you have a full post on it? i would love to read it as i'm getting my own for christmas.
    xx

    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT TOM FORD LIPSTICK IS SO PRETTY I WANT IT, CAN WE GO GET IT WHEN I'M IN LONDON?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tom Ford lipstick looks like such a lovely shade!! Xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg these products aree sooo pretty xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.