Saturday 17 December 2011

DIY Rouldouph candycanes!

Hello everyone,
I saw the idea to do this on the Internet yesterday, and so I really wanted to make these as small gifts for my friends and family! They cost next to nothing to make and they are really fun to do!


This is what they will look like when they are done!


Here is what you will need...

You will also need scissors and something to make a spiral


First get a candy cane and a piece of pipe cleaner.


Wrap it around and then twist it at the bottom.


After that bring the two ends up to the top.


Use something with a thin bit on the end to wrap the pipe cleaner ends around




Once they are wrapped around they will stay in place. you can then pull them out slightly so the curls aren't as tight.


Next cut out a circle from foam. Alternatively you could use a small red pompom.


Next put some glue on the back. This is probably too much because you don't want to be able to see it.


After this use a small amount of glue to stick on the eyes.


And then you are done! You can make lots of them, and use different coloured candy canes, antlers and different sizes of eyes to create ones with a different personality!



Oh and you you like my nails? I love them!



You can see how I did them here:


Thankyou for reading and have a lovely day

3 comments:

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.