Saturday 10 December 2011

Cath Kidston inspired nails!

Hello everyone,
a few days ago I did this design on my friend's nails and I thought it was so cute, and it turned out so well that I had to share it with you!


I really liked how they turned out, I think I might try them again on myself though and make all of the dots more even because they are quite uneven sizes!

Here is the pattern that I was inspired by. It's from Cath Kidston and it's called Provence Rose


Here is another photo of what they looked like when they were finished


To create this look I used a dotting tool to do the white background to it. Then I created a flower on top, and you can read how I do them here. Once that was dry, I used the end of a hair pin to do the other dots around the edge. If you wanted you could do the pattern on all of the nails or you could even do a different colour on each nail. I chose to just do it on the ring finger though and I used the main colour of the rose for the colour of the other nails to bring the rose out a bit!

Thankyou for reading this and have a lovely day

20 comments:

  1. Aaaww they look lovely!! I wouldn't be able to do that, my hand isn't very steady lol!!

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so pretty and thanks for th comment you left on my blog and I would try it but I dont think its sold were I live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest nails ever! Bet mine wouldn't come out that well though :L xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW girl you are so talented!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww they are co cute and perfect for xmas i would say :)


    http://fashion-journal-bysuzannemarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love it!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very original!)
    http://kate-fashionschtick-kate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi thanks for commenting, Is the photo redy good? I had a sample of it once but I cant remember if there was anything bad about it. And ofcource I will but ill do it when 2011 almost over incase I find a new product (if I forget feel free to remind me)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think im going to purchase the photo ready asap just because of the lid because ur right about the colour stay ones lid it is very impractical and thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are so festive, love it! I wish I could achieve something like this on my nails but unfortunatley I am useless when it comes to painting nails :(

    I'm just about to follow you, would make my day if you could follow me back...

    www.withloverachelx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are really cute!
    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! Your nails are lovely :)

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so gorgeous, I bet you got lots of lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.