Thursday 1 December 2011

My favourite hair products!

Hello everyone,
I was watching one of these videos from Beautycrush on youtube the other day, and it made me really want to do one!

Firstly is something that I absolutely couldn't be without!


It is my ghd IV styler, with wide plates. I was hesitant at first about buying these, but the speed they heat up, how quickly they straighten my hair, and how long they keep my hair straight is so worth it!
I think they cost £119 but I got them almost a year ago now, so I'm not entirely sure!




Next is the Herbal Essences beautiful ends split end protection intensive mask.



I use this once a week on the mid lengths to the ends of my hair, after using shampoo and conditioner, and it really helps to keep the ends of my hair feeling soft and sleek. I wouldn't say it completely prevents split ends, but what do you expect from a £4 product!


Next is my favourite shampoo and conditioner. It is theTRESemme moisture rich shampoo and conditioner. They really help to keep my hair feeling moisturised and soft, even though the weather is so bad outside! (sorry about the bad quality photo, I only just realised I hadn't taken one and this was the best I could find on the Internet!)


Next up is this detangling comb from the Body Shop. I use it after I get out of the shower to comb through my hair. It is a very good, sturdy quality and it's rather good too! It only cost £3 and I think I must of had it over 6 months now, I use it every other day and it looks as good as new!


The hairdryer that I use is this one. I have no idea where it is from because I got it for my birthday a few years ago. It isn't really amazing at drying my hair, but it does the job and I love the bright poppy pattern on it!




My favourite hairbrush is this TRESemme one, called the oval porcupine cushion brush. I like it because it has longer plastic bristles, and then it also has short porcupine bristles which help to prevent fly aways and frizz, and it is good at detangling my hair without causing too much of a tug!


My favourite hairspray is this ultimate hold one from VO5. It does a good job at holing my hair in place for a few hours. I wouldn't say it was weather resistant like it claims to be, but it does stop flyaways and stray hairs, and helps to hold my hairstyle in place. Also it doesn't leave my hair crunchy or sticky, and it brushes out.


Next is the Schwarzkopf got2b guardian angel heat protection spray. I use this practically every single day, and it has lasted me ages! I'm not too keen on the smell but it doesn't stay on your hair so I don't really mind about it. It leaves my hair really soft and looking healthy and does a good job of protecting my hair from the heat!



I also love this leave in conditioner from Aussie. You can read my blog post about it here which I did a couple of weeks ago, where I go into much more detail about it!


This is the Herbal Essences beautiful ends split end protection cream. I use a couple of pumps on the ends of my hair after washing it. It does a really good job of keeping the ends of my hair really soft, and strong!


This is the Batiste dry shampoo in blush. I love the bottle of this, it's really cute and girly! I like to use this if my hair is looking a bit greasy or oily and I don't have time to wash it. It does a really good job of making my hair look fresh as if it has just been washed!



Finally is the John Frieda frizz ease extra strength hair serum. I like to put this on my hair when it is damp and it works really well to strengthen my hair and keep it soft, shiny and full of life.


These are all products that I use every single week, and some of them every day, so they are all well tried and tested! If you have any recommendations please tell me by commenting below!


Thankyou for reading this and have a lovely day

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Used to love my GHDs, don't really straighten my hair anymore though... and I really wanna try the Herbal Essences treatment too :)
    Good luck with the blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have so lovely blog! I'm going to follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't see your twitter link... Mention me so I can follow? :) @CelesteCohen

    How weird is it that I was in Emsworth today? Small world :O xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi u have a cool blog I just followed u :)
    btw cool hair dryier

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've reviewed some interesting products. I don't use nearly as many on my hair! I must say that hot oil treatments are the best. Happy blogging islaay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm addicted to hair iron... i dont know how i could function w/o one before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love ghd and the body shop!
    i really enjoy your blog, now following :)
    xx

    follow back? eyespyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your recommendations! I have really long hair and I'm kind of lazy so I'll check these out :-) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! im a huge fan of aussie :)

    thanks for the comment on my blog :) i mainly use photoshop to edit my photos :)

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey :) I wanted to tell that I started following ur blog.
    Love the banner :D And I absolutely love that hair serum

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that hairdryer!! It's sooo cute!! But I need a powerful one as I have reeaaalllyyy long thick hair :)

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Islay,

    Thank you for your lovely comment :) I really enjoyed reading it! Just had a browse at your blog and i really like it! It's good that you take your own pictures, & i often just look at pictures too :L interact with your readers to keep them coming back. Also ask what people what they would like to see. I like that you have pictures of your self as a few beauty bloggers don't do this! Keep up the good work & i'm sure it will continue to grow. Great that you have twitter. Join in with the 'Bloggers' chat to get more views! Just tweet me if your not sure what that is or have any more questions, would be happy to help :)
    Kia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use the Herbal Essences conditioner too, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love beauty crush!
    bt yeah , i love aussie products and i think they are real good quality for its price :)

    btw if u have time:
    http://fashion-journal-bysuzannemarie.blogspot.com/

    (yeah im new to bloggin :( )

    ReplyDelete
  15. You were right; we do like the same things! I just blogged about the Herbal Essences repair mask. :)

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.