Wednesday 28 May 2014

MY MAKEUP BAG ESSENTIALS



So sorry for the lack of blog posts at the moment, I'm right in the middle of my A2 final exams and I'm literally counting down the days until they're over and I will be on a three and a half month ling summer (only 21 days away now!).

I'm off to London this afternoon to ELLE Magazine HQ for an event and I thought I would do a quick post with my makeup bag essentials- you know the products that you just can't leave the house without, I always have them in my bag and they seem to be able to fix whatever happens to my face during the day.

Denman Teasing Comb
My hair tends to get a little flat during the day so this comb is perfect to inject a little bit of volume back into my roots again. The end of it is perfect for sorting out my parting and I can also use it to sort out any knotts in my actual hair

Mini foundation
I refilled this mini foundation pot which I got with a sample with my everyday foundation. It is a lot more convenient to carry around with you and it won't break or spill. It's also really easy to refill with more foundation once it gets empty, and because it was a sample it was free! 

MAC Studio Fix powder
This is my absolute favourite powder, it's actually a powder foundation and therefore has really good coverage to it. I have quite oily skin so I use this for touch ups throughout the day to stop me from looking shiny at all and to add any extra coverage

The Balm Frat Boy blush
This colour is one which just seems to go with any makeup look, meaning I don't have to constantly switch up which blush I carry with me. The packaging is very slim and is very lightweight so is perfect for carrying with you

Too Faced Melted Lipstick in 'Melted Peony'
This is one of my favourite nude coloured lipsticks, it's still quite pink and therefor is very easy to wear on an everyday basis. My natural lips are such a light shade that I don't like to not wear a lipstick so this is perfect. As it has the doefoot applicator it is very easy to apply on the go and doesn't need a lip liner with it

Shu Uemura eyelash curlers
These are one of my holy grail tools, I have fairly short and straight natural lashes and therefore I need these to give them a bit of a perk up half way through the day. I find curled lashes make your eyes look instantly bigger and you look more awake, perfect!

Mac Studio Finish concealer 
This is another holy grail product, as you can see from how much I have used it! It is very high coverage and although the packaging isn't very idea for on the go- it is my favourite for touch ups! Make sure you take hand sanitiser with you too to avoid any bacteria transfers

Chanel lipstick in 'La Deseree'
This is my absolute favourite red lipstick, it is perfect for making you look like you have put a lot more effort in to your makeup than you actually have and it lasts really well without a lip liner so you don't need to carry one too!

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara
This is a re-purchase of mine, as I mentioned with the eyelash curlers- I feel that good eyelashes make your eyes look much bigger and more awake and this is one of my favourite mascaras to help achieve this!



What are your makeup bag essentials? Let me know in a comment!




I was sent the Too Faced Melted Lipstick, however this does not influence my opinion on it and it is 100% honest as always. You can read more of my thoughts on it here in my 'My Too Faced Face' post










11 comments:

  1. I have that same Denman brush sitting in my bag too, i adore it, its great for backcombing and if your having a pulled back pony/bun day it smooths out any of those little fly away baby hairs you get :))

    Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your finals! I know the feeling of school getting in the way. You have some lovely picks in your makeup bag. I bet the Chanel color is perfect for taking a daytime look to evening very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post. I love the MAC studio finish concealer, I really want to try out a different MAC powder x

    llyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your a levels, i am also counting down the days until my last exam (although only gcses). What foundation do you put into the mini sample pot? Your skin always looks beaut on insta/twitter/blog posts!

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the mac studio fix powder, it is my favourite too! You wouldn't think it was a foundation, I unfortunatly need more coverage than just wearing it as a foundation its self :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that lipstick looks so beautiful. i love it.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Frat boy a lot more than a lot! :D Its the perfect peachy pink and so amazingly pigmented!

    Recent makeup Changes Review& FOTD | TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.