Tuesday 24 February 2015

ROME PHOTO DIARY


Last week I went on a fairly spontaneous city break to Rome, I love Italy - I've been three or four times before so I was really excited to go back to the country which is world famous for three of my favourite foods: pizza, pasta and ice cream!
We were only there for two nights, here are some of my favourite photos from the trip!
Of course I matched my nail polish to my passport...

Wandering round the streets of Rome at 1am trying to find a hotel after not being allowed the keys for the apartment we had rented as it was too late, absolute nightmare

I wish I could understand Italian so that I could read some of these magazines
Metro time! I really do love taking public transport in different cities after doing a photography project highly based around public transport. I think it's the best for people watching, and there's something oddly satisfying about speeding along underground alongside the locals 

I love how in Rome you can be wandering around and you will literally just stumble upon an amazing buildings and piazzas such as this one


The shades of yellow, terracotta and orange that are used for the majority of the buildings are so beautiful and totally look like something from a movie set
The Colosseum. We didn't go in as the queues were huge and as we were only there for a couple of days we didn't want to waste half of it stood in line! It's just as impressive from the outside though!
Why do I suddenly look so much like my sister


So, Dad decided to buy a selfie stick...




























We stumbled upon the most amazing designer vintage shop - their range of shoes was just amazing, and this was just a small selection of their Burberry trench coats!



You know you're living life right when you're sat in the Italian sun drinking Peroni and eating fresh pizza for lunch


Coffee stop to do some more route planning 
The Vatican City - we visited the night before but my photos were pretty dodgy due to it being so dark! It was weird being here after seeing it on the TV so many times before!

Before I went I found out about a chain of ice cream shops called Blue Ice which sell a range of soya ice creams - being lactose intolerant I felt I had died and gone to heaven! If you're ever in Rome and can't eat dairy, definitely look out for them! (the shop decor is totally horrendous with a blue and yellow colour scheme but the ice cream is delicious!) This was a cappuccino flavour, but I'd had the pistachio one the day before - both were amazing!













Amazing sunset whilst in the taxi en-route back to the airport








Flying over Paris - if you look closely you can make out the Eiffel tower on the top left. It's weird and slightly magical seeing it from a plane and thinking that I was there only a few weeks ago

13 comments:

  1. Amazing pics! I absolutely loved Rome when I visited a few years back. Need to return to Italy ASAP xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had such an amazing time! xx

    www.gracebee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sort of post, travel/holiday photo diary's are definitely a favourite of mine to read. Looks like you had a fab time Islay, Rome looks like the loveliest city x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures. I've been to Italy but we went to the Amalfi Coast; I would love to go to Rome! I love the picture of the sunset and the night view of Paris is so cool!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely photo diary and I love taking pictures some place new. Glad you had a lovely time.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so nice! Your camera is amazing, what model is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's the Canon 600D with the 100mm macro lens!

      Delete
  7. That picture of the homeless lady is so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude these photos are amazing! I need to visit Rome now! How amazing is that photo of Paris! I totally would pay you to have that photo up in my room! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. phone call like being poured cold water on his adidas zx 750 sale head. Hurried adidas zx 700 sale Buyetian, a private room surface,, Adon, a look of gloom stood, head bowed smoking adidas zx 700 sale Although my sister and I adidas originals sale can not cross on the circle, but my sister did tell me. sale wanted passionately, suddenly received a a cigarette, adidas zx 700 sale standing around a lot cheap adidas zx 750 younger, it is a look of melancholy. How it was.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.