Saturday 12 November 2011

Female Christmas gift guide!

Hi everyone,
These blog posts are sometimes some of my favourite type of post to read during the time leasing up to Christmas. They always put me in a festive mood and get me excited for Christmas! Some of these things are going on my Christmas list this year, and some of them I am getting for other people.

First of all is the Soap and Glory 'Heaven Nose' gift set. I bought myself this the other day as a treat for finishing my exams (even though I still have another three to go but shhh) and I think it would make a great present for a friend.



The gift set contains a full size (50ml) Original pink perfume, which is meant to be £15.83. It smells delicious, but the scent doesn't stay on that long so you may want to carry it in your bag to reapply during the day.


The set also includes a 150ml pot of their famous Righteous Butter. The full size is 300ml and it costs £10.21 so it should be around a fiver. They both have the same scent so they are great for layering so the scent lasts longer.


This set costs £16 but the contents of it should cost around £20 and the packaging is really lovely too, so it is great value for money!


Overall I think this would be  lovely gift to receive or give and I will be definitely be purchasing a couple more as gifts! 

The second thing that I have to show you is the Stila Lip Glaze Set from Feelunique. This also costs £16 and they have free deilvery. The set contains eight lip glosses, four of them being their most popular shades, and ther four and limited edition holliday shades. They are 0.05oz and the full size are 0.08oz. The full size ones retail for £15, so as you can see you are getting an amazing bargain!


As you can see, all of the colours are very wearable and this is deffinitely going onto my Christmas wish list!

The third thing is the melting snowman bath melt from LUSH. This super cute bath melt would make a really nice inexpensive present for something like a secret Santa, or if you just wanted to give someone an inexpensive gift.

It costs £1.95 and it smells delicious. Lush describe the scent as "Exquisitely fragranced with a blend of oils containing vanilla absolute and sweet wild orange, giving him a deep marzipan fragrance with notes of rich fruit, reminiscent of Christmas cake and figgy puddings" I know you will agree that he is so cute and I would certanly be happy to unwrap him on christmas day!

The fourth thing that I thought of is the Cinders bath bomb, also from LUSH. This is one of my favourite scents, but it is unfortunatly only comes out at christmas and so I will be stocking up on them to use throughout the year!

I am no good at describing scents so again here is what LUSH had to say about it "Almond essential oil, sweet orange oil and cinnamon leaf oil give a smooth fruity scent with a touch of spice. It lifts the mind and lingers on the skin." It also has popping candy in it, which is the redish colour in it, and this is meant to sound like a crackling fire, but to be honest you have to listen quite hard to hear it. The only downside to it is that because of the yellow colour it has, it turns your bath a rather unfortunate colour, but it's worth it for the smell it leaves on your skin! It also costs £1.95 and you could get two baths out of it, if you wanted to break it in half. This would also make a good secret santa present too.


The final thing that I thought of is the Cut Roses cosmetic bag from Cath Kidston. I have to admit, I am a massive Cath Kidston fan, and I love pretty much everything from there. I pretty much always have something from there on my wish list and this time it is this makeup bag. I already have a couple of the smaller ones, but I really want one this size for travelling so that I can fit everything I need inside one thing, instead of having lots of smaller makeup bags, where things get lost.




I think that this is a really good size for £12 and they last for absoultely ages. I have one the smaller size but with a slightly different pattern and I have had it for almost two years- actually I think I may of got it for christmas, and I use it in my school bag every single day, and there is not even a sign of it breaking.


I think I may do another ift guide nearer Christmas, I would of made this one longer but I really need to do some revising seeing as I have another maths exam on Monday, and Biology and Chemisry GCSE's this Tuesday! Eeeek!

Thankyou for reading this and have a lovely day


1 comment:

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.