Sunday 6 November 2011

Cute Girly Flower Nail Of The Day

Hi everyone,
So yesterday I was really in the mood for doing a cute girly design on my nails that I hadn't done before. I had seen this design on the Internet a while ago and had saved a photo in my 'to do' folder on my laptop but had never got round to actually doing it. It is simple and is quite similar to my last nail of the day post which you can read here if you are interested.
Here is what they ended up turning out to look like:


This nail design is actually very easy to do if you have a steady hand and some patience! I will definitely be adding them onto my 'list' of of favourite nail art designs!
To recreate this design, first take your base coat and paint your nails with it. Secondly take your background colour and paint your nails with that. Once that is dry, take a fine paintbrush (I put a link in my Rose Nail Of The Day post if you want to see where mine are from) and paint thin stripes on, in a colour of your choice. Once you have waited on that drying, take a dotting tool, and paint a largiesh dot in one of the corners of your nails. Again once that has dried, take your paintbrush again and draw some curved lines onto the dots to create the impression of rose petals. Then take a green and draw a couple of small lines coming out from either side, to look like leaves. Finally once everything is dry, finish it off with a clear top coat!
What I love about it is that there are so many different colours of flowers, stripes and background colours that you could do, it could look different each time if you wanted! You could also change it to match your outfit or mood if you wnated! I really want to try it out with other colour schemes, so check back here in a few days, and I will put up another post with some other colours!
Now I'm off to bake some cakes (yay!) and do some maths revision for my final maths GCSE exams that are this Wednesday and next Monday (boo!) I really should be revising all day instead of painting my nails, doing blog posts and baking cakes!

Thankyou for reading this and have a lovely day

4 comments:

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.