Monday 21 May 2012

Nixoderm- THE BEST THING EVER.

A couple of weeks ago I was having a conversation on twitter with Terri, Jemma and Victoria about PanOxyl after reading Jemma's post about it. I had been wanting to try it for a while but I had never actually got around to it, and I was slightly put off by hearing from Victoria that it left a scar on her forehead because it's so strong. I had also heard from other people that it was extremely drying- and seeing as my skin can sometimes be quite dry I wasn't sure if it would work for me. Then Terri came along and said that she uses Nixoderm. She has done a blog post about it aswell, which you can read here


If I said to you that this made my skin a million times better it would be an understatement...
This is literally the BEST thing that has happened to my skin in a LONG time.
As you can see it has really pretty packaging... haha this reminds me of a post of shoe polish that my mum used to use when I was younger, lovely. Well you shouldn't judge a book by a cover, and the contents of this 'book' is MAGIC.


As you can see it is a thick white cream inside. It doesn't have a nice smell, but you can't have everything eh! I use a cotton bud a Terri suggested to apply it directly to the area that I need it and I just leave it on overnight. It does sting a bit but this goes away after around 10-15 minutes. It says for delicate skin you can dilute it with pretrolium jelly, so I have been mixing it half and half with Vaseline seeing as it's on my face, which means it doesn't sting as much.
According to Terri, Nixoderm is not sold in the UK, but it's found in shops in more tropical climates like Asia and South America. I've no idea why that is though because it's such a good product! I had to get mine on eBay and It cost around £2! If you're not sure I would honestly recommend it because it's only £2 so you're not losing out on much if you don't like it much! I know they also sell it on Amazon, and there's probably loads of other places across the internet that you can get your hands on it.Before this I was using Grease Lightning by Lush, which is nowhere near as good as this- probably because it's all natural and Nixoderm is just a bunch of chemicals as you can see from the photo above!

If you've given up hope with your skin- then don't despair any longer, buy Nixoderm you won't regret it!

Thankyou for reading, have a lovely day 


16 comments:

  1. Super good write up! thanks for the mention, it's a god send isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooh, so going to try this! my skin is so dry at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing, I think I definitely need to try it soon, my skin is a complete nightmare at the moment! Thank you for sharing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely, just found your blog and it's really sweet, now following! :)

    Great pictures!

    Please check out my blog if you can,

    Thank you :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to keep an eye out for this! I so Sudocrem as part of my facial skin care routine at the moment to help tackle blemish but would love to give this a try! Xx

    www.XxClaireLouisexX.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have whole big tubs of it in african beauty stores in Peckham in London for 99p each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a little miracle isn't it?! I'm glad it works so well for you!!

    www.helloterrilowe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nixoderm is made in Lagos,Nigeria. Growing up i can remember my Dad using it for skin allergy like Eczema and it worked. I'm 36yo and with two kids who suffer from skin allergy and after all the UK prescribed steriod based creams and ointments did nothing for their Eczema's. I remembered Nixoderm and started appliying it on my kids eczema, their skin looks amazing now. I'll say give it a try, if the strength is too strong, add olive oil or petroleum jelly as base before applying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can I remove it from my face? ???? It won't come off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You simply wash your face with your regular soap and warm water

      Delete
  10. Can I put nixoderm as a night cream? And Washing it off in the morning with a Vaseline face wash?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This works because it tackles scabies through the acid content by breaking down the protection film it builds on the skin to prevent us from topically treating us against it, hence not letting most creams and treatments through properly, whilst the acid breaks down this "film" to then allow the key ingredient to work effectively. Secondly, because the precipitated sulfur content reinforces this and also kills the mites, stopping their reproduction course too. You will find that most skin problems stem from scabies, only that "industry" keeps this quiet, else it would not make as much money as it does. Dryness, Scaly skin, post infection fungal issues, acne...all pretty lil old scabies and hot countries experience higher problems of it due to the heat and moisture combo scabies so love! A quick research on sulfur and scabies will highlight this and it is no wonder that nixoderm comes in sulfur soap form too! That is truly all the regime one needs for continued healthy skin! Anything else we in the west are used to packing on our skin is useless. Particularly, anything heavily chemical is to be avoided to allow the skin to work for itself. Vaseline is a good neutral base, anything else that is off the shelf generally isn't. We treat animals against mites and worms and do not think to do this for ourselves, regularly and religiously. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I know this is an old post but do you think it's alright to mix a little of this with a super basic moisturizer like the ones from Simple so it's less irritating?

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.