Saturday 15 September 2012

drip nail tutorial

When I posted a photo of my nail wheels on twitter a while ago I was asked by someone to do a tutorial to do the drip nails, so here it is!
You will need:
♥ two nail polishes (I chose OPI 'lucky lucky lavender' and Rimmel 'black cab')
♥ dotting tool (DIY here!)

 Paint your nail in the base colour of your choice (I needed two coats for it to be opaque) 
♥ Once it's dry dot the second colour which you have chosen onto a piece of card
♥ Draw a line across the top of the nail as if you were doing a french tip
♥ Do three dots at different heights near the middle of your nail
♥ With a dotting tool or paintbrush draw lines down from the dots to the french tip. 
♥ I chose to go over mine again once it was dry and I added an extra one at the side so I ended up with four dips down.

I think these would be perfect for Halloween as you could do red drips against a red or white background to look like blood!

as always please send me a photo if you recreate this! I love seeing them! (my twitter name is @islaay_x by the way!)





15 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous, youre amazing at nail art :D i may give this ago :D xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I did this once with a nail art pen, using green and orange is great for Halloween! So is white and red! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful- your nail tutorials are amazing Islaay :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love them! The floral nail is gorgeous too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love all the designs on your nail whel :)x
    shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soo nice! I just feel like you will need to have super long nails to get the full effect? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely design indeed! Might try this later and send you a picture :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a lovely design, you made it look so easy ahha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. your nail art is amazing so amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow your brilliant at nail art!! :) ive tried it and failed :( :(



    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tutorial :) I love the colour of the OPI polish, it's really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab nails!! Think I'll give the drip design a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey sweetie, thanks for participating in my twitter giveaway. I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow! What I love the most about running this giveaway is that I get to discover awesome bloggers like you!!! Your blog is amazing so I am now following you, I hope we can keep in contact! The best of the lucks! XOXO :)

    -MayT

    MayT Essentials

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the design! the OPI polish is a lovely colour :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.