Saturday 8 September 2012

multi coloured leopard nail tutorial

I got the idea to do this from this post on burkatron.com which is now one one of my new favourite blogs! Seriously if you like mine then you will LOVE her's! Anyway I wanted to recreate this look so I thought I would give it a go and share it with you!
♥ put a small blob of your first colour onto a piece of card
♥ get a sponge, dip it in and gently dot it onto your nail
♥ do the same with all your colours until your nail is full
♥ wait for it to dry completely and then put some white dots onto your nail. You could do them all over but I ♥ decided to just do them down one side. Make the dots different sizes and don't worry if they aren't perfect!
♥ once they are dry get a small dotting tool and paint curved lines around the dots to create the leopard print    effect
♥ when it's all dry add a top coat to make your design last longer!

you can obviously choose any colours which you like to do them so they will look good for any occasion!

as always please send me a photo if you recreate these (@islaay_x) because I love to see them! Oh and don't forget to check out Caroline's blog!





11 comments:

  1. Ohh I love this! It must have been so hard though, I wouldn't have the patience! haha xx

    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo lovely! I always hate myself for having short nails everytime I see beautiful nail-arts on my Bloglovin' dashboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so lovely! This nailart would look good as an accent nail too
    Unfortunately I don't have such a steady hand!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours in this are gorgeous! I also love using sponges to do nail designs, it gives a pretty effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so pretty, love the colours you picked :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry aBouT that my Phones gone crazy! I wish i was this talented!! Am following you via bbloggers blog hop :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great. Love your blog for your nail posts :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you did this, I always thought I'd need a fancy tool for multicoloured, but a sponge is a great shout! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.