Friday 26 October 2012

Barry M gelly 'blackberry' swatches

I got this for my birthday on Sunday from one of my friends and I couldn't wait to try it out! If you've been following my blog for a while you'll know I'm a massive fan of Barry M so I was excited to give these a go!


(sorry for the messy application!) the colour I got is called 'blackberry' which is a very dark purple- perfect for autumn time. As you can see from the bottom photo it is very shiny (I didn't use a top coat!)
The brush is the standard one which is in all of the Barry M ones which I really like- not too big, not too small and gives you just the right amount of product. In the photo I'd already had it on for two days- no chips yet but as I'm writing this I think it's been on for four days and apart from touching up a small chip it's been completely fine! Pretty impressive if you ask me, especially seeing as there was no top coat!
The consistency is thicker and more gel like (surprise surprise) than normal nail polish and it's easier to apply as it goes on smoother than normal ones!

Overall I think this is a great nail polish as it is so shiny and lasts a really long time and I want to try out the other shades! Here are the other ones available!
(image thanks to Barry M)

In this photo 'blackberry' looks a completely different colour, I think it looks much more like 'plum' but I think the photo must be wrong because after some googling the 'blackberry' shades all look the same as mine compared to the dark teal which is pictured! I really like the look of blueberry, watermelon and prickly pear too so I'll add them to my (never ending) wish list! 
I like how they all have fruity names too, it's cute!

Barry M gelly nail polish retail for £3.99 and are available here



11 comments:

  1. What great names for them! Good work Barry M, great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty! What a cute name too, nice names always persuade me to buy it! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooh watermelon looks nice, i want to try these! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watermelon and love it, this colour looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blackberry looks perfect for winter! I wasn't aware they had this many shades in the gelly polishes. I'm definitely going to pick up one or two! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish they would bring out a black in the gel form, I have yet to find a black polish with good staying power.

    Much Love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a nosey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blackberry is such a gorgeous colour!
    great for this time of year :)
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grapefruit and Prickly pear looks so pretty, really want to try these :-)x
    Shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shade is gorgeous! I found you on the bloghop! BTW I love how the mouse changes into a flower!
    bellezakisses.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love it! It is gorgeous! I'm going to steal it from you!!!! :) xxx

    http://styleandsuhsi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its so pretty!^^

    Belle Epoque
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.