Thursday 7 February 2013

enrapture totem styler review



















I've always loved the look of curly hair- it looks so much more interesting than straight but I've never mastered it. Until now. Ladies (and gents) let me present to you- the enrapture totem styler*. I've always admired how well it worked on bloggers with longer hair (cough cough Megs) and how pretty their hair looked afterwards but to be honest I wasn't expecting it to work as well on mine as it has done.

This wonderful little hair tool is unlike any other curler (which I've got a mini collection of in a cupboard in my room...) as it's USP is that not only does it allow you to change the heat of the barrel- it lets you choose the heat of each section of the barrel which allows you to create different types of curl, from ringlets to loose waves. I admit, at first I did feel this was slightly gimicky but it actually does work!

Before trying this for myself I had heard a lot of hype around it in the beauty community with people saying it's the best hair curler they had ever tried- and I have to say it lives up to (and exceeds) my expectations which is pretty impressive in my opinion! It's even been used to style the latest Bond girl actress Berenice Marlohe for the royal premiere of the movie in London and it doesn't get much better than that!

In these photos I used the heat setting 1,2,2 (with 1 being the coolest and 3 the hottest) so that the curl would be looser at the top than at the bottom and this also means you can curl all the way to the top of your head instead of leaving a bit of a gap or a kink in your hair like I would normally have to do. 
In the box you get the curlers, a style guide and a heatproof mat which doubles as a sleeve to pop them in if you're on the go which is handy. They heat up super quickly too (30 seconds)- I compared them to my GHDs and it was pretty much the same time as them and as GHDs are well known for heating up very quickly I thought this was pretty impressive. They heat up to 210°C  when they're on level 3 but they have a cool tip on the end to minimise the risk of burning yourself which makes them great for people that aren't used to curling their hail like me.

As you can see in the photos, I started off by brushing my hair out with my tangle teezer so that it would be easier to section off and it's more manageable. Then I used the GHD heat defence spray all over my hair to protect it from the heat of the curlers. Next I sectioned half of one side off and clipped it on top of my head so that it was out of the way. Then all you have to do is take small sections of hair and curl them so that the direction of the curl goes away from your face as it frames your face better. Simply hold each curl on the barrel for 5-10 seconds and release and you will have lots of ringlets.
Once you've done your whole head of curls comb through the curls with your fingers to seperate them out to give it more of a messy look and so it's not in ringlets. I used to always skip this step but as you can see from the photos it really does look better afterwards! You can spray it with hairspray if you want but I decided to skip this step and the curls were still in when I went to sixth form the next day after sleeping on them. To do my whole head of hair (I have a lot of hair) it took around 20 minutes which is pretty impressive and means you can do it in the mornings before school/college/work etc.

Overall I really can say that these live up to they hype around them and if you're looking for a new curler or if you just want to treat yourself then I would really recommend them! I can't wait to have a play about with all the settings and will no doubt be having my hair curly more often so look out for me having curly hair in some OOTDs!

The Enrapture totem styler has a RRP of £74.99 but is currently on offer for £59.99 in Argos


although I was sent the Enrapture totem styler for review purposes, my opinion is 100% honest as always and this doesn't affect my opinion of the product





42 comments:

  1. This styler looks seriously amazing! You're hair looks so nice Islay! xx
    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your looks so amazing! I'm so bloody jealous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, the step by step photos are really helpful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really great!

    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the totem styler. It's fantastic! Your hair looks amazing :) so thick and shiny x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks amazing! Did you take all the stuff off of your wall?

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous Islay! Curls look absolutely amazing on you, you babe! x Laura

    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Islay! You already know what I think of your hair, you're just beautiful! If only the curler wasn't so expensive.
    You should deffo have your hair curly more often!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. your curls look flawless! when I curl my hair they always look too thin or fake. You are stunning as well :-)

    burgundybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    new follower as well, love your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww the results are amazing! The curly hair looks so lovely on you, also love the step by step pictures you took :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Islay, your hair looks gorgeous! I'm a bit old school and still curl my hair with my straightners! ha. xx

    The Littles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks stunning and so shiny what a great curling iron xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the totem styler, my fave combinations to use are 1-2-3 OR 2-2-2 :-)

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love how this makes your hair looks, I'm a lover of curly hair too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your hair looks so beautiful! Great review- I love the idea of different heat settings for each section!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair looks gorgeous!
    I am so happy I picked this up when it was on offer on boots.com!

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOUR HAIR LOOKS BEAUTIFUL! i wish i could curl my hair without it looking weird haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. they give SUCH good curls, I really want to try them but I think I'd be wasting my money cause my hair stays curled for about 5 minutes then drops :( x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love my enrapture totum stylers they have to be one of my best investments

    Your hair looks fab
    I can't believe how long it is !!!

    :)
    Amy
    www.amypyt.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the enrapture totem styler but I'm too scared to use it! My hair is dead straight, think and flat and whenever I do anything with it to add more volume, curls, waves even just putting it up! It falls back to its original state! After this post, I am definitely going to check it out!!

    Thanks lovely

    Paige xo
    http://a-paige-at-a-time.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have the most beautiful, perfect hair!! Soo jealous :) :) Love your blog.. just followed! Lots of love, Adele from worldofherownxo.blogspot.com xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. You hair is absolutely stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. YOUR HAIR LOOKS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS LIKE THAT - stunning - honestly! Jeaaallloouuuusssss! Glad they live up to the hype! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. this was so helpful! and your hair looks absolutely gorge! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. your hair looks amazeing, nice pj's btw hehe
    smozzy
    xxx
    http://youonlyliveonceenjoyit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. curls look lovely on you!

    I kinda want this curler for myself now...

    Emily Jane xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really want to try some of the ghd hair care products! Your hair looks gorgeous! Nice natural looking curls! Mine always ends up looking like a frizz ball mess! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. definitely going to have to try this, your hair looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your hair is gorgeous, and it looks stunning curled!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your hair is so lovely and thick!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your hair looks amazing! I'd love to own these! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Woww ur hair Looks great, the step by step photos are really helpful ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.