Monday 11 February 2013

love heart valentines nails


I didn't do these especially for the infamous valentines day that is fast approaching us but seeing as it's soon I thought I would post it now as I am super organised like that just like pretty hearts.

The base colour is 'mint candy apple' from essie and the heart was using the MUA pink crackle polish which was a gift from my lovely blogging friend Helen (go check out her blog!). Now that I think about it, it kinda looks like it's a shattered or broken heart which let's be honest, isn't really what you want on valentines day but oh well!
I'm actually surprised at how well these crackle polishes work- I have a few more (also from Helen) which I have used a few times but not actually blogged about yet- maybe I will get my thinking cap on and come up with some more designs!

oh and have you entered my 600 followers giveaway yet?

What do you think of crackle nail polish? Do you have a specific colour or design that you're going to have on your nails for valentines day?



30 comments:

  1. These are so cute Islay, maybe I'll be super cringey and try them for Thursday haha. The crackle looks really good! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the crackle polishes, these look so good!x

    http://charlotteannowst.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw they look so nice Islay! You have a serious talent at nail art! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so pretty, i actually love the effect of the crackle polish, even if it looks like a broken heart! hehe!xx

    vintage teapot//fashion, beauty & life

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not a massive fan of the crackle nail varnishes but it's made your hearts look so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so so cute! x

    burgundybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! Very cartoony. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh so cute! I love the mint colour. I love wearing my OPI gold crackle with some black polish Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wish I had nails because this is possibly one of my favourite nail arts I've seen. xx

    The Little's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever use of crackle polish! I think it looks super cute and it has a 'sketchy' school notebook feel to it, which I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute are these!
    You're so talented it's crazy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Islay! These are AMAZING! If I even attempted to do this it would look like a splodge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo cute! I wish I could do nail art, but I always fail when I try :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Islay these are too cute. I didn't even realised about the broken heart until you mentioned it! Soph xx

    http://theprettyseason.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo cute xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow these look incredible I love them :) Your really making me want to branch into the world of nail art, the most exciting thing I ever do is glitter haha!
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fab, love love love! They remind me of graffiti art, they are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the use of the crackle! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this design! :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. They look great!x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this so much :)

    I've never thought of using crackle polish that way... i feel inspired...

    Flutter-bylittlebutterfly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.