Tuesday 17 September 2013

DIY daisy sleeve dress

quite a while ago I read Caroline's DIY post which was showing you how to customise a dress like this so I thouhgt I would give it a go too. It's long overdue because of a mix up with my order when I was getting the dress which took a while to get sorted. It's like one which Motel Rocks are doing but a fraction of the price. The daisies are from eBay and you can find them here
here's the steps, as you can see it's very easy to do and you can either use a sewing machine or hand stitch it (thanks mum for doing it for me!) and it literally took about five minutes to do. I made a quick video tutorial which is below, showing you how to do it which makes it a bit clearer for you to see.



Don't forget to check out Caroline's post and her blog too (so many nail tutorials and outfit posts along with other DIY posts!)

11 comments:

  1. This is so clever. It's amazing how the smallest detail can make a top look so pretty :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, so going to do this to one of my dresses!

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This trim looks so cute!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a great idea! I will definitely be trying this out myself on a plain and simple dress/top! :) Thanks for the inspiration!
    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool idea. I have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the video, Beautiful in these photos. I am really excited of your outfits. Sounds like a good buy though.. Cheap Celebrity Dresses

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.