Wednesday 11 September 2013

this is my great escape






top: primark (current season)
jeans: american apparel easy jeans
shoes: river island (last year)
bag: kipling 'alvar shoulder bag'*
necklace: eBay (18" length)
scarf on bag: vintage from brick lane


last week I went up to London for the day with mum to have a look around Greenwich Uni (I'm thinking of doing a marketing/PR course if you were wondering!) and this is what I wore. I think jeans are the perfect thing for walking about in and this top is casual but smart at the same time. I bought it in primark last week so it's their current AW13 stock and should hopefully still be in there. I like the pattern on it, the tiny stars are so cute and it's a nice fabric too and isn't see through so gold stars all round for primark!
I was sent the Kipling Avlar shoulder bag from Bagable Bags. When I was around 13 I bought myself my own pink Kipling bag which was a similar shape to this but maybe a bit smaller and I wore it to death so I'm so happy to have another one. My grandma is also a massive fan of them too and I hate to think how many she has collected over the years! The Avlar is the perfect size to fit everything in (but not too big so that you're carrying around a load of junk which I'm always guilty of) and all the multiple zip pockets make it so easy to organise everything. The zips also make it nice and secure if you're going somewhere like London where you're likely to get your stuff stolen on the underground and in the busy streets. It's black so it's very versatile and goes with everything but Bagable have 23 different colours/patterns so there's something for everyone. Oh and I forgot to mention, it's currently 10% off of the RRP too bringing it down to £49.50, yay! I can speak from experience that these bags just last and last as they are made so well, my pink one put up with a couple of years of being used as a school bag which is pretty heavy duty in my books!
My outfit was looking a bit bland so I added this scarf which I bought in a little shop on brick lane around a year or so ago, it's pink and it has flowers on so it's perfect for me! I think it makes the outfit a bit more casual and summery.


ps I've totally copied Sophie's poses as she always does funny ones and I was getting a bit bored of the usual 'moody face' I pull so go check her out, her blog is super awesome and I know you'll all love it!






I was sent the Kipling Avlar shoulder bag to feature in a blog post, however this does not affect my opinion on it and it is 100% honest as always




13 comments:

  1. Such a lovely outfit, the top looks gorgeous and high quality, Primark have really upped their game recently! Also, my Mum has a Kipling bag and she loves it, they are so practical!

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I just love the print on this shirt, gutted its last season! Incase your interested my friend did a marketing course at Greenwich and loved it :)

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit, especially the jeans. Your hair is gorgeous.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ISLAY NO I LOVE THIS BLOUSES TOO MUCH! AND WHEN I GO TO PRIMARK THEY PROBABLY WON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE, I HATE MY LIFE!! But you look gorgeous missy! I can't wait to see some photos with your new hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit! I also have this top and love it; you paired it so well with the jeans.

    Bridie
    Oh So Bridie
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. How i wish the weather was as sunny as it is in your pictures! Love this outfit, simple but lovely xx

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a couple of friends at that Uni and it seems really good, as much as i love the one i go to i actually regret not applying there!
    I love your top here, lovely photos :)

    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shoes look really nice with the light coloured jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The top looks lovely on you! Primark have some amazing things in at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHH MISS U LOOK HAWT!

    check out my latest posts, if you have the time?
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.