Sunday 19 January 2014

80s themed day








I was recently sent a huge box from Best British Bloggers in collaboration with Ladbrokes Crazy 80's Video Slot Game full of eighties memorabilia including films, retro sweets and even a neon pink tutu and matching legwarmers! We spent today watching When Harry Met Sally... and Ghostbusters, eating lollies and sherbert fountains, dressing up and playing with Pac-Man and a Rubik's cube!  Seeing as I was born in 1995 I never got to experience any of this first hand when I was younger to recreate the 80s in my living room and just pretend!
It turns out that I'm not very good at the remote control Pac-Man racing game, it's probably for the better that I haven't had a single driving lesson yet as I can't really see that ending too well as I managed to crash my ghost into the wall on many occasions...

Thank you to Carissa, my sister Freya and my Mum for joining in with my little 80s themed day! I think having a 00s themed one would be fun too!





Thank you to Ladbrokes for sending me the 80's pack. I do not endorse gambling in any way but if you are over 18 it is your choice whether you decide to gamble or not. Please gamble responsibly



10 comments:

  1. That's amazing! 80s films are so good! Sounds like a good day!

    Samantha
    sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great kit for a party! If only it was 70s, I have a 70s party in a couple of weeks!

    Josie xoxo
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fab time! I love everything 80's..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this seems like it was such a fun day! It must have been great to just take a break from everything and spend the day basically goofing around haha.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I need an 80s day! I may have to have a 90s day as well - me and my friends are all 90s kids so a day filled with Sabrina and Freddo bars would be beyond amazing!
    Jodie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks like so much fun! I'd love to have a day of goodies from a certain era and just enjoy myself! I may have to invest in some things and create a day like this haha

    -sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah you look so lovely Islay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love The Breakfast Club and all the sweets you have are amazing!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.