Sunday 5 January 2014

A Christmas present to myself- Canon 600D and EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens


I spend a lot of time taking photos, whether it's beauty/nail/outfit posts for here on islaay.com, family photos or ones for the A Level photography course I am currently doing at sixth form. After having (and loving) the Canon SX40 for around 18 months I felt it was time to upgrade and buy the Canon 600D. I had a little bit of Christmas money which I put towards it but I paid most of it myself and I'm so happy it's finally mine! It's the first DSLR I've ever owned and although I've only had it for a week I'm definitely in love! I bought it with the standard kit lens and bought the 50mm f/1.8 II lens separately. I'm yet to take any outfit photos with it yet as I'm waiting for the remote which I ordered to arrive as I need it for focusing so I'm looking forward to giving them a go too! I need to do more research into the best settings to use and to learning how to the camera to it's best potential so that I can improve the quality of my photos!


15 comments:

  1. I use the same camera and lens :) I love it! I also use a tripod and remote for some of my outfit photos :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 500D and I absolutely love it! Canon's take such incredible pictures. I hope you have fun with your new camera!

    Be sure to check out my giveaway on my most recent post!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i own the canon 600d and i'm so happy with it. its such a great camera for taking pictures and filming. probably the best thing i've ever bought.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so much about this camera! But I'm scared that if I buy it I will break it after a day or so. I might wait until I start a photography course too haha!xx

    I’d really like to see you on my blog, let me know if you ever visit!:)
    Teeniolect

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you do your blog header lettering? It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun learning and playing with your new dSLR; once you've gone to an dSLR you'll never go back! They are just another level of photography!
    Good choice!
    Bella x

    ReplyDelete
  7. S excited for you, I really want to buy that lense so I look forward to seeing how your photos turn out wih it.
    Liza | Beauty & Fashion Blog Glambeautys | YouTube | Family & Lifestyle Blog Glambambini

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazing is this camera! My boyfriend bought me this as a Christmas present and I'm in love too! Can't wait to see your outfit pictures with this... I too need a remote, where did you order yours from? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been lusting after this camera for ages. Need to take a chance and get it.
    Congrats on your new camera.

    Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful! One day I'll treat myself to one of these as well :D
    Eliie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same story! I just got the 600D last week and am still trying to figure it all out! Loving it so far, mine came with the 18-55 mm lens, thinking of maybe getting the 50 mm lens, still not sure! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting a new dslr for a while and may look into this one. Glad you are enjoying yours!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.