Monday 13 January 2014

Nails Inc. 'Baker Street' dupe- Topshop 'Awol'




The last post I did like this on Nails Inc. Porchester Square seemed to go down well do I thought I would do another one for you today! I mentioned in that post that I wanted to try Nails Inc. Baker Street which is a bright electric blue nail polish but when I was having a clear out of some of my nail polishes yesterday I came across the Topshop nail polish in the shade 'Awol' which I had completely forgotten about (sign I have too many polishes maybe...)
Although they aren't completely identical (I'd say 'Awol' is the tiniest bit more pastel than 'Baker Street') it is a very good dupe for it for less than half the price of the Nails Inc. one. The formula is very creamy and is very opaque within two coats. I used it with the Orly Bonder base coat which although this is only the second time I've used it I'm really loving it. As per usual my top coat is Seche Vite and I used the Leighton Denny 'Miracle Drops' to speed up the drying. I got them for Christmas in a Leighton Denny gift set and this was the first time I had used them but so far they have a big thumbs up from me!

This combination is proving to be very good so far- three days on and there are absolutely zero chips!

What do you think of Topshop 'Awol'? Do you think it is a good dupe of Nails Inc. 'Baker Street'? What's your favourite nail polish?

12 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and now I need a color like this to add to my collection. That Leighton Denny drop sounds amazing and it would totally save me.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is such a wonderful colour, and Topshop nail varnishes are always lovely! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour is gorgeous, I need to try some Topshop nail polishes.

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This nail varnish shade is so lovely! :)

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous colour, I'm picking this up for the summer time :)
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have this colour on my nails right now, It's amazing! Makes me happy just looking at them. I was looking at getting the orly bonder as it's so reasonably priced and love my other orly polishes :-)

    la-receta-de-la-belleza.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a bright blue, and wow that Topshop one is gorgeous :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colour! I really like Topshop polishes, they're really good value for money & last on the nail.
    Mygrannysdresser.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that color is so gorgeous and pigmented and bright! Love Topshop polishes!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't help but love such bright blues. Essie's Mesmerized is similar but a bit deeper and darker--not much but still a gorgeous blue shade!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will definitely be purchasing this instead of the Nails Inc. polish now! Lovely post :-)

    sunshineinadress.blogspot.com
    Olivia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.