Monday 31 October 2011

Carmine October Box

Hi everyone,
The other day I received my October Carmine box. I'm sure you will of heard of the whole beauty box idea before, with the original Birchbox in the States, Then others followed like Glossybox, Feelunique Beauty Box, latest in beauty and Boudoir Prive. Carmine is the latest box to be added to the growing list of them. I have tried a couple of the other boxes before, but I didn't like or use most of the products that I got so I canceled my subscription as I felt I wasnt getting my moneys worth out of them
I didn't want to get any more of the boxes because I didn't want to get pulled into the subscription scheme, but then I heard of the Carmine box. I heard of the Carmine box from Fleur De Force, who makes YouTube videos and who has a blog as well. Fleur is working with Carmine to help promote them and as a special deal they were offering a £5 off the first box, meaning it if £5+£2.95 p&p. Because it was only £7.95 I thought I would give it a go.

When it arrived I was instantly attracted to the box because of the bright and colourful packaging. It has broken away from the other boxes which are mostly pink and black. And although yes of course I love pink I do like that this one is different!


This is what the protective outer box looks like, definitely bright and it makes it look like they have put so much more effort in than just a plain cardboard box!

This is the inside of the box, I love the bright green and red colour scheme! I also love that it has ribbon and tissue paper, it really adds an extra touch than just putting them in!


As you can see, when you open the box it is filled with five good sized products and really nice packaging!

I will do a quick review of all the products. First there is the Caudlaie quenching sorbet cream. It is a great moisturiser and i like to use it morning and evening, and it really makes my skin feel soft and hydrated. It is £20 fro 40ml and in the box you get a 10ml sample, so it should cost £5!

Next there is the Trind Nail repair natural. This is meant to cost £12.95, so with this product alone you are getting your moneys worth! I have used this on my nails for a few days now, and it really makes them feel more sleek and in a much better condition.

Next is the  Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream.The RRP is £14.50 for 100ml and in the box you get a 30ml sample, so this amount of product should cost around £4.35. This hand cream is super moisturising and really helps to deeply moisturise my hands and make them really soft.



The second to last product is the Daniel Sandler Eye Delight. In my box I got the peach colour, which I would probably have chosen anyway! It goes on like a dream and it stays put all day which is amazing! This is another full size product and it should cost £10.25 so this is another amazing deal!



And last but not least is the Fratboy all in one shaddow/blush. This is personally my favourite product in the whole box. It is yet another full size product! The RRP is £16.34, so I was really excited to see this in there! The blush is super pigmented and it stays on really well. I also think the packaging is lovely and it has a good size mirror inside, which is always a bonus! I personally wouldnt use it as an eyeshaddow but I like that you could if you wanted.


Overall I think that this is a really good box and I can't wait to see what is inside the next one, which I really want to get! The delivery is really fast, and much quicker than I expected. It says up to 7 days on their website but I believe it came in about two days! You can buy this as a gift for friends, and I think I might hint at some family members that I would love a subsciption for christmas, oh and they also do subscription deals so that you can get money off/free boxes if you have a subscription.

Thankyou for reading this and have a lovely day

1 comment:

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.