Friday 8 November 2013

'cos I'm a good girl and you know it





Dress: Motel Rocks Gabby iridescent green sequin dress*
Heels: Kurt Geiger
Nails: using Essie 'mint candy apple, Barry M 'aqua glitter' and Milani 'teal'
Ring: Pandora
Lipstick: Mac 'hang up'

First off I think this dress is the most sparkliest, glitteriest thing I have ever seen/worn- it couldn't be more glittery if it tried and is a perfect Christmas party dress! It's a sort of bodycon style which really isn't something I normally go for but I think the shape of this Motel Rocks one is actually quite flattering because of the long sleeves. It retails for £58 but you can save 20% with Ellie's discount code 'ELLIESFT' making it £46.40 with free delivery! They have around ten different colours/patterns of it so there's something for everyone.
£
£
Please excuse my literally white legs in these photos- I wasn't going to take these photos today but it finally stopped raining (welcome to England) so I thought I would take them while I had the chance to and wasn't able to fake tan before! I wanted to paint my nail like I did in my mermaid nail art post but as i just mentioned I didn't get a chance so I just kept them as this blue glitter ombre which I still like and I think they match all the glitter well!



28 comments:

  1. Love the shoes!! and the fact the dress is all mermaid like :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks incredible on you Islay! I love love love your shoes too! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lovely legs! And the dress is lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that dress is sooo sparkly! I love it! It looks like it could catch on a lot of stuff though? Is it itchy at all? If not then I'm definitely going to be checking it out!
    G x http://littleowlbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute dress! They had a similar one in H&M aaages ago but I never found it in my size:(
    georgie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. damnnnnnn those shoes are fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww you make the prettiest of mermaids xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is so gorge and get those pins! Lovee the heels too Omg tell me about this idiotic rain was so haps this morning as there was no sign of rain only to get to lunch and its pouring outside and guess who didnt bring their coat! Aha beaut post and such cuute nails xo

    ohsofashionxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this dress, looks beautiful.
    And your shoes are lovely.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look goregous! I adore the shoes as well :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your nails look lovely!
    xx
    http://dulceazucarsugarsweet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Islay, you look so gorgeous!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! It's so shiny!!!
    abi from a little dust

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loooove the dress!! And you look beautiful :) I may have to grab it for a New Years Eve night out!
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress looks amazing on you and those shoes are so so pretty!

    Bridie
    Oh So Bridie | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've already tweeted you and like the stalker that I am, I'm repeating this on your blog. Yes, I probably need to get out more, but before I do, I have to say that: YOU LOOK INCREDIBALLS! (Cheeky innuendo there!) I am in love with the Gabby dress from Motel and I'm so jealous that you have it and that you look so good in it! And you shoes are so nice, love the scallop detail!

    Apologies for appearing like a complete psycho and/or stalker! :P

    ~Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look gorgeous in this Islay, the colour actually really suits you! And don't worry about your legs, mine are even paler haha! xx

    emilykebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look fantastic in this dress style! Is it scratchy with all the sequins or is it lined inside? xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look amazing! That green dress is so sparkly and, as you said, ideal for Christmas parties! :)

    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am really great after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey, what's the size of your dress? i'm getting one too but in the ineternet so i don't really know how does it fits .. thanks

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.