Thursday 6 February 2014

January 2014 Favourites- MAC, Chanel, Tom Ford, NARS, Nuxe and Kiehl's

I haven't done a beauty favourites in a very long time, so I thought I would show you a few of the makeup products I have been loving recently and throughout January.

The most recent purchase of all of these products is my MAC quad palette. I bought the colours Satin Taupe, All That Glitters and Woodwinked- along with the pigment called 'Tan' which I will be pressing to make into another solid eyeshadow to put in the palette. I'll do a YouTube tutorial of how to press a mac pigment into a solid pan eyeshadow soon so look out for that on my YouTube channel!

Since getting this NARS blush back in October, I think I've barely gone a day without wearing it. It's in the shade 'Orgasm' and is the perfect coral/pink shade with a bit of shimmer to it. The formula is gorgeously pigmented and it lasts well on the cheeks all day.

Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm is another fairly recent purchase of mine. I had got to the point where the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream which I was previously using, wasn't quite cutting it as an overnight lip moisturiser anymore so I felt it was time to try out a new one. This is a very thick, heavy duty lip balm which has a lovely cocoa butter/citrus scent to it. I have heard that over time it tends to become slightly bitty so I'm hoping that doesn't happen to mine as currently I'm loving it!

As I've been wearing eyeshadow much more recently, I've been really using my MAC 217 brush a lot. It's pretty much my holy grail eyeshadow brush- just the perfect size for blending in the crease of your eye and the bristles are the right balance of being fluffy/rigid to allow your eyeshadow to blend properly.

For a while I fell out of love with the MAC studio finish concealer, however I have recently found a slightly different way to apply it and now I'm back to loving it again! I use it with either the Real Techniques Accent or Detailer brush, then blend it out with a small flat top blending brush (I have a blog post coming up soon with where I bought mine from). I find this method gives the most natural finish as before I found it going slightly cakey and I would always apply too much and not blend it fully.

The Chanel lipstick in 'La Désirée' was a pre Christmas treat to myself. I have mentioned loving it before on my blog and I definitely am still really enjoying using it. It is the perfect long lasting, blue toned deep matte red with such pretty packaging! It's definitely worth the price tag in my opinion.

Khiel's Midnight Recovery Concentrate was a serum which I bought after trying out a sample when I was in New York, earlier last year. I find my skin to look a lot more plump and healthier looking when I use it before bed, the scent is very calming as it smells faintly of lavender and the packaging makes it very easy to use. Khiel's are usually very good with their samples so if you are ever near a counter or a store I would recommend asking a sales assistant more about it and giving it a go.

Finally is the Tom Ford lipstick in the shade 'Cherry Lush' which was a Christmas present from my lovely friend Helen from the blog Beautifully Superfluous. This is probably the most luxurious makeup product I own- you can't really get much better than a Tom Ford lipstick, let's be honest! It has the creamiest, most long lasting formula, the packaging is something which you could only dream of and the colour is just perfect. If I could sum it up in one word, I'd just have to say that it's beautiful.



12 comments:

  1. I have the Chanel lipstick, it is a really chic color! I recently purchased Orgasm too, can't wait to try it!

    marlennebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving Mac Stain Taupe lately, it looks lovely layered over Mac Nylon :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still so jealous you own a Tom Ford lipstick haha. Definitely one that's on my wish list! I did my favorites video earlier this week so if you're interested it's on my youtube channel!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I'd love to try the Kiehl's Concentrate!
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Reve de Miel - however my boyfriend has just discovered it and each time I use it I've found he's stuck his finger in the middle of it!! It's about time I buy him his own I think! Beautiful choices lady - very jealous of your Tom Ford lipstick!
    Nicola x
    Magics in the Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. would love to own a tom ford lipstick jell x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty favourites I'd love to try most of these I have the lip balm and love it and own Deep Throat by NARS x

    Catherines Loves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nuxe Reve du Miel lip balm is on my wishlist! At the moment, my lips are really dry and cracking which sucks. I'm using Vaseline which does the job okay but isn't great, although I am enjoying the Maybelline Baby Lips, but I do feel like I should splash out and buy a really good lip balm or buy a lips scrub!

    ~Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post xx btw you wrote 2104 not 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my Mac quad, Mac eyeshadows are so stunning it's unbelievable
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely favourites :-) I love MAC Satin Taupe and All That Glitters! I want to try the Nuxe lip balm xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.