Thursday 29 January 2015

PARIS PHOTO DIARY


I'm back with another one of my photo diaries - this stop, Paris! I'd wanted to go back to Paris for ages now with the only time I'd been before when I was much younger and not able to appreciate the city properly. I went with Carissa for her 18th birthday- we ate too much food, I took too many photos, I bought too much in Zara (there's just something about international Zara shops that just gets me every time) and this blog post is the result of it all! Due to me normally working 6/7 days a week, with my two jobs, internship, being at college and keeping islaay.com going - we had to squeeze this all in within 36 hours, so here goes!
6am overpriced vegan coconut chocolate chia seed pudding for breakfast at St Pancras station (I wouldn't recommend it)

In typical me style, I coordinated my passport, purse and train pass holder...
First sight of the Eiffel Tower from the Metro (at this point we hadn't realised that I'd taken us 30 minutes in the wrong direction and ended up at the Metro stop for our hotel instead of Printemps department store which we were meant to be visiting first, oops)
The Galeries Lafayette department store is the Parisisan version of Selfridges etc. but with this beautiful stained glass roof - it's a must visit if you're in Paris and fancy a bit of department store shopping
These motorbikes are all over the city, they seem to be the go-to mode of transport and they are ready to knock you down at a road crossing at any moment!

Parisian buildings seem to all look the same, however they are beautiful so that's totally okay

Sacré Coeur

Sacre Coeur church peeping through the end of a busy street, we went up the hill and visited it on the second day and it was well worth the trip!
An illuminated bridge across the River Seine - I cannot explain how cold it was at this point, and how long we'd be wondering around trying to stumble upon a coffee shop to warm up (this was after getting lost and waiting at a bus stop for 45 minutes (not an exaggeration!))
In true Paris style, traffic jams coming along the Champs Elysees from the Arc De Triomphe
There's only so much Eiffel Tower you can fit into the viewfinder when you're using such a zoomed in camera lens...
Looking across the River Seine from the Eiffel Tower, illuminated cities are my favourite
The Sacre Coeur church was probably one of my highlights - such amazing views of Paris and totally free to visit! It's definitely worth a trip inside too, although you sadly weren't allowed photos so you'll just have to use your imagination about what it looks like!

Hazy morning view from the Sacre Coeur
Tourist's attempts at recreating the padlock bridge - there were padlocks attached onto random gates all over Paris!
I forgot to actually take a proper photo, but these coffee beans were inside the best Starbucks I've ever been to - red velvet seats, lights hanging from rope and coffee paintings onto wood (it's the Place du Terte one). I know I sound so common white girl saying that, but it is 100x better than any of my local ones and I fell in love!



The Place du Terte artist's courtyard where Renoir, Dali and Van Gogh supposedly lived. Nowadays, it's full of painters and sketchers painting scenes of Paris and drawing portraits of people

The graffiti in Paris was a lot more of the ugly tag type, as opposed to the street art which can be found in places such as Berlin

We stumbled across a cafe which we had carrot and coriander soup and a chicken tagine in for lunch - very Moroccan!
Paris Gare du Nord train station, waiting for the Eurostar back to London

14 comments:

  1. Uhhh, your photos are so lovely. I'm dying to go back to Paris!

    Laura | Laurzrah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I really want to go to Paris one day, looks like you had a lovely time!
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some absolutely beautiful photos :)
    Paris is such an interesting city, I'd love to visit again! X

    www.farawaylucy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are magnificent and really show Paris. This post makes me want to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are gorgeous Islaaaaaay!!!! I need to go to Paris ASAP!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, I'm desperate to visit Paris sometime soon! x

    What Rachael Wrote

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photo's, I really hope to go back to Paris soon! I can remember when I visited Paris, motorbikes were everywhere, especially 3-wheeled one, which I thought were pretty cool! x

    http://eliseilou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris is one of my favourite cities - you've captured it so well!

    A Forte For Fashion

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos!!! It looks like you had a great time - I'm so jealous Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome method to download and install Aptoide for apple iphone, http://iaptoideapkdownload.com downloaded and install and also ongoing downloads nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good it vShare will get set up on your Android device with no problems vshare most likely to that folder as well as double click on vShare nice.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.