Monday 5 January 2015

LONDON PHOTO DIARY


I've just got back from spending the best four days in London over New Year - of course I took my camera with me, so here's a few lot of photos of what I got up to!

So, after knowing Laura for three years I FINALLY met her and got to give her a hug and take an international bloggers selfie (#dreams). Also, big shoutout to Ellie for allowing me to live like a super cool London student with her for a few days!!

The London eye looking all colourful just before midnight (also about a million people crammed into the tiniest space, and probably the highest density of selfie sticks known to man)












Fireworks at midnight (plus selfie more sticks blocking the view, yay)
Blurry Covent Garden Christmas Tree at 2am with my friend Megan
New Year's Day parade at Piccadilly Circus (so so many marching bands)

King's Cross train station, just because I love their roof


Portobello Market - can I be rich and live here, please please



Little Venice Canals make you feel as if you're in the middle of the countryside and not London
Warwick Avenue (like the Duffy song) ps it's nothing special and neither is the tube station, it's literally just another tube station 
Trafalgar Square where we went to the National Portrait Gallery as we're oh so cultured
















God's Own Junkyard in Soho - so.much.neon.
We went up The Shard with and got a faaabulous view of some clouds...
Borough Market and the most amazing Paella

























The burry bokeh lights in the background of these photos is the stuff of dreams, yes?
We took Laura and her friends for their first experience of proper British fish and chips (they hadn't tried vinegar on their chips before, say what...)
Brick Lane, Spittalfields and Shorditch and all their street art, vintage shops and super cool people

10 comments:

  1. So cool and at least I get a glimpse of London even though I haven't been there.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos Islay! I'm going back to London in February and can't wait x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah I would love to be in London on New Year one year to see those amazing fireworks in person, although I can imagine it being extremely crammed! Looks like you had a fab time x

    What Rachael Wrote

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw wow looks like yo had such a great time x

    cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post - your photos of the New Year fireworks are absolutely gorgeous!
    I've always wanted to visit the Little Venice canals - it's a must on my next trip to London :) X

    Love, Lucy
    www.farawaylucy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a blast on new years! Gods Own Junkyard looks super cool, I love all the lights. Shame I live in London and still haven't been there... great pictures :)

    Joksie // Joksie's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great you two finally met and these pics are amazing X

    ReplyDelete
  8. good previous account and log-in brand-new account.You will certainly sign out of play store Currently touch on down dealing with triangle area great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good install Showbox app APK file by browsing Showbox apk Showbox the app, for the very first time mobile asks you to provide details nice.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.