Saturday 21 July 2012

easy healthy summer 'ice cream' recipe

This is one of my favourite recipes to make for summer! It's super healthy because it's just fruit and milk but it tastes as if it's proper ice cream!
You will need:
● Banana
● Fruit (strawberries/raspberries/mango etc.)
● Milk (50-100ml)
● Hand blender
● Freezer safe dish
● Knife
Step 1: Cut up banana onto a freezer safe plate/tray etc.
Step 2: Place into freezer overnight
Step 3: Cut up fruit
Step 4: Add the banana to the fruit
Step 5: Add milk (less milk will make it thicker)
Step 6: Liquidize it
Step 7: Put into a little bowl (the bowl and spoon I used are from Cath Kidston if you were wondering!) and enjoy in the sun!

This honestly tastes DELICIOUS, it seems as if you're having an unhealthy treat but it's healthy and you can make it completely to your taste!
There are lots of different things that you could add to it, here are some of the ones I've tried:
● raspberries
 strawberries
● mango
● milkshake powder (e.g. chocolate/strawberry)
● or you can just keep it plain and have it banana flavour!

I reckon you could try it with almond milk to make it even healthier if you wanted but I like it with the orange 1% fat milk as it is still creamy and not too watery!


Have you tried this before or do you like the sound of it? Let me know in a comment below or tweet me if you decide to make it! @islaay_x


16 comments:

  1. This sounds & looks so good!
    Definitely need to invest in a blender!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this so many times and really want to try it out. I've also seen it done with nutella instead of fruit for a chocolate banana flavour. Yum x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i definately need to try this, it looks so yum and yet its healthy! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS LOOKS SO YUMMY :)
    LOVELY BLOG BY THE WAY :)
    http://fashionandtherebel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks absolutely ! We're definitely going to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to try this it looks amazing! Does it taste really strongly of banana?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous recipe! Definitely going to try this :D Thanks for sharing darling xx

    OutsideBEautyInsideHEalth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am actually going to try this!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Much love: http://missvictoriam.blogspot.co.uk/ - If you want to follow back if you don't already. I am trying to get my followers up at the moment so I would really appreciate it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This NFL Flag for Tennessee Titans is constructed of polyester, measures 3x5 feet, and has two metal grommets for attaching to our 6' aluminum flagpoles or any of our tailgate pole systems. The perimeter of our NFL Flag for Tennessee Titans is double stitched and the team logos are screen printed into the flag so they won't peel. Because of its large size, these flags are great to hang on any wall in your game room, sports room, garage.nfl house divided flags
    dallas cowboys american flagCincinnati Bengals house flags
    Packers stars and stripes flagsHouse Divided Flags,
    Sports Flags 3x5,
    football team flags,
    ncaa flags and banners,

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again. Visit my link as well. Good luck
    element shadow
    delete white background
    Ghost Mannequin

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.