Sunday 1 July 2012

June 2012 beauty favourites

I've been meaning to do a favourites post for months but never seem to get round to doing it at the end of each month!  For most of this month I was bogged down in doing exams so as I was in my house revising (yaaawn) I was wearing little/no makeup. These have been my five stand out products throughout this month and I will do a short explanation of why I like them!

Peggy Sage highlighter- I bought this a few months ago when I was in France. I hadn't heard of the brand before but the shop was really cute so I had to buy something! First of, it smells sososo good (kind of like chocolate/cocoa butter) it's not overpowering but it's really nice! When I first bought it i hardly used it but recently I have used it most days with my elf angled brush. It's not to shimmery and it adds a subtle glow to your face. If you were wondering how much it was, I believe it was around £10 with the euro conversion

Barry M 'Aqua glitter'- I blogged about it here if you want to see close up swatches. I have only had this just over a week but both me and my mum are in love with it (she's been going on about how much she loves it all week!) I used it on both my fingers and toes for prom (see my post here) it doesn't chip and it's just so shinyyyy

TRESemmé Freeze Hold hairspray- this really is such a good hairspray! It keeps my hair in place all day without it feeling crispy at all! I used it on Friday when I went to prom. I put my hair up and sprayed it at about 1pm on Friday, it stayed in place completely all day/night, I kept my hair up overnight when I was staying at my friend's house and it was completely perfect when I woke up the next morning! I had to go to my mum's friend's house straight after and so I didn't end up taking my hair down until about 4pm on the Saturday. 27+ hours is pretty good staying power for a hairspray if you ask me!

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish- I'm sure you will of heard countless good things about this before so I won't bore you with yet another great review but I completely agree with all the good reviews, it leaves my skin silky smooth and moisturised and I love it!

St Moriz fake tan mousse- as it's 'summer' (if you live in England I'm sure you'll agree it's never actually summer here) and I've been starting wearing dresses/shorts more I've been fake tanning my legs more often too! I apply it with a tanning mitt all over my body. It blends in really well and doesn't go patchy/streaky/orange and it looks so natural after you have washed the developer colour off! Oh and it's supersuper cheap, and the bottle has lasted me forever too!

Have you done an empties post? Link it in a comment, I would love to know what you have been loving recently!


Thankyou for reading, have a lovely day 

15 comments:

  1. That highlighter looks gorgeous!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love St. Moriz tan too! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mousse fake tanner reminds me of the st tropez one that you can buy at sephora! Where do you buy yours? I would like to try it since it's not as expensive as the st tropez one!

    www.lipsticksandglitters.blogspot.com
    Sabrina xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need to try that fake tan, heard lots of good things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely stuff, especially the nail varnish :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great favourites :) I'm a big fan of tresemme! Following your blog, would love it if you could check mine out- just getting into it :)

    http://vckyv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I absolutely love Cleanse & Polish! The Barry M glitter looks gorgeous too :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time you mention this glitter polish, the more I want it! Must.. resist..!

    Mollie xo
    molliemuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The highlighter looks like such a pretty shade! I really want to try Liz Earle products, they seem to be a firm beauty blogger fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The glitter polish looks gorgeous.... Must resist temptation. Love the favourites, but love, love, love your blog it's so cool. I'm now following
    Love Coco x xx
    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. the tan is also a favourite of mine, it really is great for the price.x

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.