Sunday 15 July 2012

Montagne Jeunesse clay mask*

I was recently sent these brand new clay masks from Montagne Jeunesse to review on my blog.
When they arrived I expected it to be a normal mud mask type face mask so I was surprised to open it to find a sort of mask inside. I tried the Glacial Clay Spa mask first. The smell wasn't what I expected, it kind of smelt like my grandpa (but not in a bad way) but I thought it would have a sort of fruity berry smell which it didn't.
The cloth itself was very soft, and had plenty of product on it! I was skeptical about it staying on my face, but once smoothed on it stayed in place pretty well! It had a sort of cooling effect when I put it onto my skin and I think I may put the other one in the fridge before I use it to make it feel even better!
It worked much better than I thought it would, my skin felt fully cleansed, soft and moisturised afterwards and the coolness of it made me feel really relaxed! After the 15 minutes which I left it on for I peeled it off and gently massaged my face in circular motions with the mask as it suggested, this worked well as it removed most of the excess product from my skin and just helped to work it in a little bit before I washed the rest off with some cold water

They came in the box pictured but I have just found out that they aren't available to buy like that, sorry! They cost £1.49 each and available from Boots (Mid-August), ASDA (September) and available now at www.montagnejeunesse.com
All of their products are vegetarian-approved, made from natural ingredients and paraben-free. Montagne Jeunesse are proud of their uncompromising natural credentials and have a strong ethos for ‘Conservation of Energy, Protection of Animals and the Environment.’ I think this is very important in a brand, and is similar to other high street brands such as LUSH and The Body Shop.
According to Montagne Jeunesse they are "Unlike any other masque, Clay Spas are created with world’s first technology - specially sourced clays are cleverly infused into natural bamboo fabric, creating a completely new and never seen before type of face masque that makes cleansing better, quicker and easier than ever before." I agree like this, they are completely unique as I haven't seen anything like them before and they gave my skin a much needed, really good deep clean!


I would really recommend these, and I can't wait to try out the other one!


Thankyou for reading, have a lovely day 

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I have these as well, can't wait to try them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo might have to go out and get these! :o x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try these! I love clay masks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Montagne Jeunnesse masks, haven't used one for a few years now but I used to use them weekly, I actually found them to be much better than some of the expensive ones on the market! Will have to get my hands on some of their newer ones soon.
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love these masks! I haven't used them in such a long time! I might buy them again when I'm leaving for my holiday! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received these too and i enjoyed using them! Did you find they were a little bit big for your face though? I agree, they did leave my skin feeling lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.