Thursday 12 July 2012

empties #2

I'm sure you will probably of seen these sort of posts before, but basically it is all the products I have used up recently and what I thought of them!
Mitchum deodorant 'shower fresh' scent
I always use this one, it's the best by far! I hadn't tried this scent before as I usually go for one of the others but it just smells really clean and fresh! The only bad thing is it takes a while to dry so you have to wait a couple of minutes before you get dressed once you have applied it
4/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? Yes

Soap and Glory Hand Food
I think I got this in the Christmas set from Soap and Glory that was available in Boots at the time. I've been through several of these, it lasts a long time, it's very moisturising and it smells good! I can't find anything bad about this, except because of the packaging design, there is still a lot of product left in the tube
4/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? Yes

Cotton buds
I wasn't going to include these, but I thought I would anyway. They're just bog standard cotton buds. I thought the plastic was a bit flimsy so I probably wouldn't buy these ones again
3/5*
recommend? No
repurchase? No

Clearasil deep cleansing toner
This is one of my absolute holy grail skincare items. If I stop using it only for a few days my skin goes craaazy until I start using it again. It's pretty cheap, does a great job and lasts a while.
5/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? Yes (I have about four backups in my room haha)

Herbal Essences beautiful ends hair mask
I bought several of these when they were on special offer a while ago. I use it every week- 10 days on the ends of my hair. I'm not sure if it actually prevents split ends but my hair feels softer when I've used it.
4/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? Yes

Soap and Glory the Righteous Butter
Again I got this in the Christmas set. It smells very good, does a good job at moisturising and lasts a long time. I like it, but I think there are better body moisturisers you can get for your money. (I much prefer the Garnier one and it's a third of the price)
3/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? No

Garnier intensive 7 days moisturier
I've done a separate review of it here if you want to read more in depth about it. I love it so much, it's much better than the Soap and Glory Righteous butter and a fraction of the price!
5/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? Yes

Nivea daily essentials tinted moisturiser
This is 50ml instead of the usual 30ml so it lasts such a long time! It's dirt cheap, smells amazing and gives a nice light coverage. The majour downside is it is quite dark and there is only one shade. I sometimes mix a bit of a lighter foundation with it to get a good colour but it will be perfect for on holiday/in the summer (if we ever get one in England!)
4/5*
recommend? Yes if you aren't fair skinned
repurchase? Already have!

Clearasil Ultra daily cream face wash
I had to cut this open because there was literally half of it still in there when I couldn't get any more out! You can use this as a mask or a face wash. I tended to use it as a mask every 3-4 days and as a face wash every morning/evening. It was alright, but nothing special. 
3/5*
recommend? Not really
repurchase? No

Sally Hansen Double Duty base and top coat
I really like the Sally Hansen top coats. This lasted me a long time and kept my nail varnish looking shiny and chip free.
4/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? Yes, but next time I think I might try the instadry one instead

Barry M basecoat, topcoat and nail hardener
As I have mentioned on here many times before, Barry M are my favourite nail varnish brand. I think this one was around £3ish, I liked it but not as much as the Sally Hansen one.
3/5*
recommend? I recommend the Sally Hansen one more, but this is a good cheaper option
repurchase? Probably not

The Body Shop strawberry body butter
I feel like the Body Shop body butters are everyone's favourite. It smells delicious, lasts a very long time and it's very hydrating! Not much more to say about it really!
5/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? Yes

Montagne Jeunesse Passion Peel off mask*
This was part of the holiday set which I was sent to review. It smells good, left my skin feeling well cleansed and it was fun to peel it off! There is a lot of product inside (maybe even enough for two people!) and my skin felt clean and purified after using it
4/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? Yes

Liz Earle sheer skin tint
This was a sample which I received when I ordered the Cleanse and Polish. Shade 02 was a good colour match for me, I might look into buying the full size. The coverage was light but not too light to not cover anything, it felt moisturising on my skin and it left a dewy finish to my skin
4/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? I might look into getting the full size when my current foundation runs out

Boots Clean off nail polish remover
This is by far my favourite one! It makes removing nail polish a lot easier, and it's cheap as chips (under £1.50 I think?) This is the only one which I use and I couldn't recommend it more!
5/5*
recommend? Yes
repurchase? I have lots of back ups!


phew! That was a lot of typing!

Have you done an empties post? Leave your link in a comment so I can check them out!



Thankyou for reading, have a lovely day 

6 comments:

  1. I really want to get soap and glory hand food, but I've got to use up my lemony flutter cuticle butter first! :p x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently tried a sample of the liz earle skin tint and loved it! I agree with the righteous butter by soap and glory being a bit expensive its over £10! Well done on finishing SO many products! Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a beautiful blog <3 I am definitely a new follower :) If you'd like to follow each other, here's mine! Have a wonderful day xo

    http://thelittlebrightsides.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soap and Glory Hand Food is amazing; mine lasted me ages I swear I must of had the tube in my room for over a year! :)

    The Style Diagnostic

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.