Thursday 23 August 2012

GCSE results!

Okay so it's that time of year again...
I always saw it shown on the TV and talked about on the radio but I never believed it would be me collecting that brown envelope but guess what I did today...
This morning I went into school to collect my GCSE results. We were met with crying girls stood at the door, anxious teachers and even more anxious parents waiting to see what was inside those brown envelopes.
I wasn't sure whether to do this post or not but, hey it's my blog so if I want to post it I dont see why I shouldn't!
Here is what I got:
Geography A*
Photography A*
Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics B
English Literature B
English Language B
Business Studies A
Citizenship B
Religious Studies A
Maths A
ICT Distinction (equivalent of an A)
PE 2 (I don't know what that means haha)

I still have to receive another 2 GCSE results in ICT but my teacher marked my coursework and she said I would almost definitely have another 2 A's which I'm obviously happy about!
So overall I have two A*s, six A's (8 if you include the two extra ICT results) and four B's
There are a couple which I was quite annoyed with (English and Business) because I was expecting higher but for English especially the results seem to be down all over the country and because I'm not planning on doing either of those subjects next year I don't really mind too much.
Next year I will be staying at the 6th form at my school and studying:
Geography
Biology
Economics
and either Psychology or Photography

Let me know if you like this type of post and if you have received any results recently please let me know what you got!


12 comments:

  1. well done lovely, really fantastic grades :D hope you enjoy a levels! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Islay!! You got incredible results, I bet you worked so hard for them :D
    Good luck for sixth form!
    Ps. I absolutely LOVED psychology so that would be my pick!

    Mollie xo
    molliemuses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I did A-level economics but only AS psychology- I wasn't very good at it. You should be very proud of yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Sounds like you did awfully well :)x
    shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your results! You did amazingly well - all those A's!! :-D

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You've done so well :)
    I would recommend picking photography over psychology at sixth form unless you want to do anything even vaguely scientific afterwards - only because I did Psychology and it was such hard work, and photography would be more enjoyable :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the fantastic results! I'm a new follower from Helen's FF on Twitter :) I agree with Rachelizabeth though, Psychology was horrible for me, Photography would be so much more enjoyable and hopefully less stressful considering your other choices are quite work-heavy. Enjoy college!

    Ali xx
    ZombiesWearEyeliner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing! Congrats lovely! :) xx Laura

    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Islaay (gorgeous name by the way, I love how it's pronounced) I read this post earlier and I have to say I was amazed at how well you did but I didn't think to leave a comment. Anyway, now I am as I just had to tell you a huge WELL DONE! I wish I had tried a lot harder in my GCSE'S I finished school in '10 so it was a while ago but I am now a mother to my gorgeous Son which obviously I wouldn't change for the world but now I am a mother it made me imagine how I would feel if my Son came home with those results and I can honestly say I would be over the moon with pride so I'm sure your parents were ecstatic for you, you certainly deserved that new camera! Sorry for the rant but it had to be done :) And wonderful posts too, a lot of very pretty things on your blog :) Take care, ox

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.