Thursday 9 August 2012

how to: easy rose nail art


 I posted this photo on instagram a while ago and I got countless comments and tweets by people asking for a tutorial on how to do them! 
They really are more simple to do than you would think and if I remember correctly a rose was my first ever nail art design I ever did! 
Actually here is a photo!



Obviously I have improved a bit since then and I have found the easiest way to do them!
Step 1: Start off with a base coat to protect your nails
Step 2: paint your nail with the colour you want as a background. For pink and red roses I like to use a minty green such as Essie 'mint candy apple' or Rimmel 'misty jade'
Step 3: with a dotting tool or the brush of your nail varnish do a circleish shape on your nail with the lightest of the two colours
Step 3: once it is dry get a thin dotting tool/end of a hair grip/cocktail stick to do a couple of curved lines inside the circle to make it look like the petals
Step 4: with the lighter of the two greens draw a short triangeish shape coming out from the rose flower
Step 5: once it is dry do a thin line with the darker green inside it
Step 6: finish with a top coat and you're done! 

I've lost count of how many times I've done this design but here are a couple of designs I've done using the roses!



























I really hope you give these a go! If you do make sure you tweet me a photo or two @islaay_x




16 comments:

  1. I love all of these designs :) I'm still yet to experiment with floral nails! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg so cute ..you make it look so easy! i may have to get practicing lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks for posting this I've always wanted to know how you do these and been completely bamboozled! This is really straight forward-I'll let you know if I give it a go :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look gorgeous, I would be rubbish at this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good and really girly and summery. It makes me want long nails so that I can recreate these looks :) Fabulous!

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The roses look so adorable! I've tried giving them a go in the past but just need some more practice, thanks for the design inspirations :)

    http://foreverfloraluk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely nail art look, I might give that a try!! Where did you get that picture with your name on it because I want to do that on the end of my posts but I don't know how! :// x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve those nails! Especially the last one!

    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too good! I definitely need to try this, they look very Cath Kidston-ish.

    p.s. hope you had a nice time in Italy! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look so pretty! I'll need to try it! :)

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok,this is what i'm definitely doing today! I've been meaning to be all cute on ma nails,and this is the right rose to put on them

    x Joanna @ The Treasure Chest

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute.. good job

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty art.. i like it.. great job man. this is very informative tips for girls .. very good nail art. i ll try it by myself.. these are very easy..

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.