Wednesday 21 November 2012

makeup tag!


1. How long have you been wearing makeup?
I remember buying my first ever mascara when I was christmas shopping in year 7! (I would of been 12 then) and I haven't gone many days without wearing it since!

2. What was your favourite makeup product in the beginning?
At the beginning I had literally no idea about makeup- I loved the dream matte mousse which looking back was horrible. I feel loads of people used to use that when they were young but I don't know why!

3. What is your favourite makeup product now?
I agree with Molly on this one! Nail polish would be my favourite but it doesn't count so I would have to say lipstick! It's a great way to completely change your look and there are sooo many different types/colours/finishes etc out there! 

4. What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning?
I used to use natural collection a lot ar first but then I think I went onto maybelline?

5. What are some of your favourite brands now?
I think my favourite highstreet brand for makeup is Revlon and for nail varnish it would be barry M! I'm also growing to love MUA and Collection 2000!

6. How would you describe your makeup style?
pretty natural but I like to go for a bold lip if I'm in the mood for it!

7. What is your everyday makeup like?
Pretty plain- a pink or coral cheek, baby pink lips and natural eyes!

8. What is your going out makeup like?
Similar to my everyday makeup but with more eyeliner and a bolder lip!

9. What makeup look are you known for?
When I was at school I used to get told off by the teachers for my bright lipsticks!

10. What is the worst beauty crime you have committed?
Probably the foundation lips! I used to put concealer over my lips (why oh why) because all the other girls did it.  I have no idea why because it looked awful!

11. What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not committed?
Like Molly I always remove my makeup before bed! I used to be rubbish at this but I can honestly say I haven't slept with it on in over three years!

12. What is one beauty trend your were part of but now aren't a fan of?
I'll have to mention the kohl eyeliner once more, I now realise that wearing it in my waterline is not a good look for me and completely closes up my eyes.

13. What is one trend you are proud to say you were never a part of?
Massively dark eyes when I was younger. I see lots of the year 8s at school experimenting with eyeliner and ending up looking like they have been punched in each eye!

14. What is one look you will never go for?
I agree with Molly again, I would never wear nude lipstick! I have one from elf which I bought years ago (I have no idea why...) and it makes me look completely washed out and gross! A big no no!

15. If you were brave enough to wear any look what would it be?


16. An old Holy Grail product of yours?
When I was about 13/14 I would of said the dream matte mousse foundation. I must of got through at least four pots of it even though it's horrible! If I had to say something which I discovered years ago but still love now it would be the natural collection blush! As I said earlier I used to love their makeup and I still really like their blush and lipstick!

17. A new Holy Grail product of yours?
this is so hard but I would say the urban decay all nighter makeup setting spray! I can't leave the house without spraying it over my makeup- it makes it look so much more fresh and it makes it last like 10000x (slight exaggeration) longer

okay so I thought I would add some massively cringey photos I found on my laptop from years ago so you could get an idea of what my makeup was like! (I think I must of had a bit of a 'thing' for black and white photos... Hahahaaa



*duck pout*



so that's it! I'm sure I will regret the photos at some point but oh well. 

I don't tag anyone in particular because I'm tagging everyone! Link me to your post if you do it because I would love to see it and thank you to Mollie for tagging me!




5 comments:

  1. Aw, don't worry about the makeup photos, we all have them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously not even joking i have a photo of me looking exactly the same with a bow in my hair, cringing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this tag! I bought my first (clear) mascara at 12 too! I didn't actually wear makeup till I was 15 though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha we all have the cringe old photos from when we were about 14, you're a brave girl for posting them! You are a gorgeous girl by the way, you've definately got make-up down nowadays, love your look!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.