Friday 7 June 2013

china print nails using the rio professional nail artist collection




I said in my review of the Rio Ultimate nail artist collection* that I would do a step by step tutorial of these nails so here it is! The base colour is 'awol' by topshop which is one of my favourites, it's such a lovely bright blue!

1. Paint your nails with the base colour, any would work as long as it's a contrast to white- something bright or pastel would be my top picks
2. Using the adhesive in the Rio nail art collection set paint a thin layer on one of your nails and leave it to dry for around 10 minutes
3. Cut a piece of lace nail art foil to the size of your nail
4. Place it over the top of your nail
5. Rub the foil so it transfers making sure you go all the way to the edges
6. Using striping tape place strips of it down your nail making sure they're as straight as you can get them
7. Paint over the tape in white and while the polish is still wet put the tape off to leave the blue stripes below. This may end up not being perfect and you might need to touch it up with a white striper when it's dried which is what I had to do
8. Paint a thin layer of clear polish over the nail
9. using a cocktail stick and hexagonal glitter pieces place them onto the nail in whatever pattern you want
10. As you can see I chose to fill the whole nail in with glitter pieces but you may want to just do round the edge or a strip with a few rows down the centre of the nail
11. Using a dotting tool and white polish do polkadots over the nail
12. Using the striping tape again create a V shape at the centre of the nail- this will make the lines a lot neater than it would be if you did it freehand
13. Paint white on one side of the tape and then peel the tape off

finish with a top coat (I used seche vite) and you're done, I absolutely love how these turned out and I can't tell you how many compliments I had on them! I'm really loving the Rio kit so will probably be doing more tutorials like this with it soon! 

Do you like this type of post with the step by step instructions and what do you think of these nails, please let me know!





13 comments:

  1. I'll add to the compliments: those really look good! You're really able to showcase the capabilities of that kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tutorials! xx

    www.itslilylocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely nails, and the step by step tutorial is a really good idea :)
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these types of post, although I don't think I'd ever have the same patience as you! So pretty!

    Danielle xx
    Danielleyc | UK Beauty, fashion & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look really good but I could never do anything like this haha! :)

    Kathryn x
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look great, I love the pattern of the foil. Looks fab with the white & blue :)

    Love Kate at prettylittleus

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're definitely very patient! It's paid off though, these look great!

    Molly x
    Lyonsnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fun!
    Long to do but fun ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look incredible! The perfect summer accessory! Great tutorial, definitely inspired! xo
    ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to try nail art like this myself, and this tutorial is so detailed and helpful! Think I'm going to give it a go myself now, so thanks :)

    Olivia xx

    http://thisisoliviarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. You are so good at nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen such amazing stuff on born pretty store. I liked everything there. If you want to avail 10% discount on anything you purchase then simply use discount code HUT10.....xoxoxo....^_^

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.