Tuesday 19 June 2012

DIY floral pocket top

I'm going to show you how to quickly and easily make this...
You will need...
Instructions...

And it's finished!


I got the idea to do this when I was at victorious vintage, and I thought I would give it a go! It literally only took about 15 minutes to do and I love how it looks!
I love how you can personalise it to how you want it by using a different top/fabric to suit your style!
I think the photos are pretty self explanatory, let me know if you need any help!
I decided to leave the zigzag from the pinking scissors showing, but you could always make the square slightly larger and turn the sides in before you sew it.
If you were wondering, the floral fabric was off of one of my dad's old shirts from M&S (I don't think he ever wore it though, he's not really a floral type of guy!)
If you have a go please let me see the results!

I'm not sure if you noticed but I changed my header last night for a bit of a change, let me know what you think!
I also added a poll to my sidebar so that you can let me know what you want to see more of!

Thankyou for reading, have a lovely day

11 comments:

  1. I just love this, you really can turn the blackest outfit colorful with this! It has been a while since I looked on your blog so I don't know if it's really new but I lovee your lay-out! :)
    When I've finished my exams the first thing I'll probably do is this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DIY, it looks amazing! I must try this out for myself :)

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, im rubbish at diy but might actually attempt this!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it's so pretty looking!
    I'm going to hunt some fabrics and give it a go.
    Amazing post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome DIY! I might do something similar,a good DIY I advise is making a collar. What I do is cut of the collar of one of my dads work shirts and either sow in pearls or studs. Lovely post. Love your new blog layout :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great! I just did a tutorial on adding floral to your shorts pocket & this would be a perfect top to match! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the, will try it out soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Islay! I love your new header :D

    I've just tagged you in the Liebster Award!
    http://molliemuses.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/leibster-award.html

    Mollie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cute and easy update to and old tee!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea, it's so simple yet so effective, and a great way to liven up an old, boring t-shirt! I've been really wanting to do some DIY stuff with my clothes, but as I'm rather clumsy at sewing, I've been putting it off so as not to ruin any clothes! This seems like a great place to start though :)
    Mel x
    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute! my friend recently finished of her fashion project and added really cool pockets onto shorts and shirts and they looks so good! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.