Thursday 14 June 2012

Garnier Body intensive 7 day lotion review

A couple of weeks ago I ordered this free sample of the New Garnier Body intensive 7 day lotion to try out (the samples have ran out now, but here is a link to order a sample of their bb cream or here to take part in their 14 day ultralift challenge) to be honest I wasn't expecting much at all from it, I thought it would just be another one of those sit on the skin greasy lotions. But that is where I was wrong.
The lotion soaks in really quickly to your skin leaving it feeling soft, smooth and smelling good. The scent is of Shea butter and the scent actually lasts really well, without being overpowering!
I decided to do the 'challenge' and I applied a sachet to my legs for seven days to see what the results would be. I wasn't expecting anything dramatic because I regularly exfoliate and moisturize my legs with my Soap and Glory Pulp Friction exfoliator and either my Soap and Glory righteous butter or one of the Body Shop body butters, and I thought they did the job well.
To enable you to actually prove the results, they include these things with sticky pads on them. You basically stick it to an area of your skin, rub it and peel it off. The stickiness takes off the top layer of your dry skin (yucky I know) because the pad is black it shows up. I'm not sure how well you can see it in the photos but the results were rather impressive! I did the test on the same area of my leg each time so it would be a fair test and after the seven days there was a very considerable difference in the dry skin.
My legs now feel much much smoother than they did a week ago, and I can't wait to purchase the full size! They sell it with a mango oil fragrance for dry skin, aloe vera for normal skin, cocoa butter for very dry and rough skin, honey for sensitive skin and the shea butter one which I tried is for dry to extra dry skin.
They also do a hand cream which has a Shea butter scent and a gel-cream which says it smells of peach. I love peaches so I'm tempted by that one too and it will be perfect for summer! Oh and the best part is that it's only £2.99 for 250ml which is a fraction of the price of the Soap and Glory/Body Shop ones!


If you've looking for any other freebies, Kia from 'Make me up Kia' blogged recently about a couple of freebies which you can order online if you wanted to have a look!


Thankyou for reading, have a lovely day 

5 comments:

  1. I find most Garnier products really good. They just seem to work with my skin.
    This post is helpful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little sticky tabs it came with :) i would definitely purchase this, bargain! Requested a sample of the wrinkle cream, thank you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this sounds really good. i never use many garnier products. but i like the sound of this.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Garnier Body intensive 7 day lotion, the honey one, I love it to bits its got rid of a lot of my dry skin problems Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! May have to make a purchase, I love Garnier products xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.