Friday 22 June 2012

"see it's not what you look like, when you're doin' what you do. Express yourself"




dress: vintage
denim jacket: H&M
bag: Zara
earrings: Primark
nails: Rimmel 'Misty jade' and NYC 'Pinstripe white'
lipstick: Revlon lip butter 'Strawberry Shortcake'
shoes: London Rebel
above knuckle ring: Dixi
ring: eBay
perfume: The Body Shop Japanese rose blossom

I bought this dress a couple of weeks ago when I was at Victorious Vintage, it fits perfectly and I love it! As I mentioned in my 'Neon Spike' post I'm trying hard to wear more dresses this summer so if you know any good shops which sell dresses let me know!
I'm wearing my new Zara bag which arrived in the post this morning, I bought it for sixth form because it will fit my books in but I thought I would just use it today anyway! I love the rose gold hardwear on it, now all I need is a rose gold Michael Kors watch to go with it (hint hint daddy )
My nails don't really match but they're polka dots, and hey who doesn't love a bit of polka dots in their life?
Sorry if my hair looks greasy, it's not but it was actually raining when I was taking these photos (I'm a dedicated blogger ) so my hair got a bit wet!

I'm going to the Radio 1 Hackney Weekend tomorrow which I am SUPER excited about (hopefully it doesn't rain!) I'm most looking forward to seeing the Vaccines, Maccabees, Kasabian and Ed Sheeran- I'm going to take loads of photos so look out for a post about it in the next few days!

Oh and hello to all of me new followers, I'm so close to 200 and I am doing a giveaway when I reach it! (It's a bit different to the normal ones aswell!)
Remember to vote in my poll in the sidebar to have your say on which posts I do more of!

I want to find some new dresses, where is your favourite place to buy them? Let me know in a comment below!


Thankyou for reading, have a lovely day ♥

18 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit! I really want a Michael Kors rose gold watch too, though I doubt I'll get one in the near future. Congratulations on the followers- its always lovely to reach landmarks- I'm almost at 100. Also, I am considering buying a Revlon Lip Butter- I would be interested to hear your thoughts on yours :)

    Julz
    http://www.julzobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love your new bag, it's gorgeous :D
    I really need to get myself a denim shirt, I always chuck cardigans on over my dresses but I love the way you've made it a bit different!

    Mollie xo
    molliemuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is lovely! And I love your new bag too! For basic dresses I always go the H&M and Zara however Forever21 has some lovely dresses in their collection too, I just buy it where I find it! Haha.. I hope you have a great time at the Radio 1 Hackney weekend! xx Fee

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely outfit! HAVE AN AMAMAMAMAAMAMAMAMAMAAZING TIME AT THE HACKNEY WEEKEND! even though i've told you loads, i'm so jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress and your nails are really cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to watch hack eh weekend on tv! A good place to get dresses is topshop,next and new look. They do good summer dresses and good dresses for sixth form (my sisters got loaders) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, your nails look amazing! Lovely outfit.
    Mel x

    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also you wanna swap buttons? Just added yours onto my sidebar! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. U look awesome! Love the denim!
    I just followed, follow back? I followed u on BlogLuvin as well!
    I'd really appreciate it <3
    http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your blog chick, it's so cute! Gorgeous outfit too, I like the layout of your post :)
    Might sound daft but since gfc has gone, how can I follow your blog so it appears on my blogger dashboard/homescreen? Thanks :)

    http://vckyv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Islay, I wish to marry your blog. You look lovely! I love the dress & your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Gimme!x


    http://styleandstarbucks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is so pretty and I LOVE this outfit! :) Your dress and your nails are beaut'.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOOOOVEEEEE the outfit! :O The dress is sooo pretty!:) and love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is so pretty :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfit, extremely jealous of you being at HW! Hope you had a fab weekend.

    Michelle's Treasure Chest
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the nails!! xx

    www.beauty-bows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look amazing! Love the dress and your nails! :)
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.