Friday 4 October 2013

Cath Kidston inspired rose nail art


another nail art post, yaaaay! This one is Cath Kidston inspired as per usual with pretty pastel colours and a floral design. I haven't done this design before so I didn't take step by step photos as I did them as I didn't know how they would turn out so sorry there's no tutorial but I'll definitely be one soon. I just used a dotting tool and a light pink Essie shade to create a large flower shape as the base. Then with some darker pinks and a tiny paintbrush create little swirls to make out like there are petals on the rose. In the center of each flower, using a dark berry red do a couple of smaller swirls to give more definition and to make it look like the petals are closer together in the middle. Using a small paintbrush again do the leaves by doing the light green then dark one.

I hope you like them, please let me know what you think!I'm off to see Mike Dignam today in Brighton with a couple of my friends which should be good, I hadn't heard of him before my friend asked me to go with her but I actually quite like it- he's got all his music on YouTube if you want to listen!



20 comments:

  1. Great nails hun, you always do amazing nail art it's very impressive :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so gorgeous I always envy your nails, so talented!
    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so so pretty! Wish I had the patience and steady hand to be able to create something like this! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so professional! You have great nail art skills!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look lovely but i never understand how you do the other hand! ha

    abi x

    http://alittledustblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cool! Wish I was so talented :)
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these nails!
    I couldn't do this.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look amazing! So intricate, I don't think I'd manage on myself, especially my wrong hand! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so talented! These nails are amazing, you should open your own nail bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Cath Kidston and LOVE THESE NAILS. I really want to learn how to do them.. Looks amazing :) I am now following you on bloglovin. I found your blog through instagram :D xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is actually adorable :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your nail art is always incredible, wish I could do something like this! I'm determined to train myself to do it though haha

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, these look super cute! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful!!!! Great job babe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant! They look amazing,

    Rose xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous islay! How do you do it? The little roses look so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous, i wish I had the patience to do something like this!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. heu islayy love your work this vinyage flowers so pretty
    i make nail art too i love it i just subscribed to your blog pleaz visit and subscribe to my blog it will mean so much to me
    XoXo
    http://omgbeautycake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there,
    Your nail art designs are incredible.Gorgeous pics are absolutely very nice.Really very unique color and basement color is also fantastic.I like it.Thanks..

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.