Monday 28 October 2013

the view from my bed


I like to spend a lot of time sat in bed- it's cosy, I have everything I need and my matress is memory foam so it couldn't be any more comfortable. As I spend a lot of time here I like to have pretty things to look at whilst tweeting/blogging/watching YouTube so I thought I would share with you what I am currently looking at now above my laptop screen while writing this post. 
My shelves currently need sorting out, they're the IKEA billy bookcase and weren't too expensive at all. On my other shelves I have some shoes, my favourite photo from the sixth form summer ball and a vintage box from one of my favourite shops Liberty which my mum found at a vintage market. I have a 'keep calm and eat cupcakes' canvas I bought in Primark ages ago which I want to replace with an instagram collage type thing. My wardrobe has lots and lots of train tickets stuck onto one of the doors- the orange really clashes with my room but I quite like having them stuck there. One of my favourite parts is my pretty fairy lights which I got for Christmas probably ten years ago and they're still going strong. I only really use them in winter but their soft glow makes the room feel so much more homely.  My cushions are from Cath Kidston and British Home Stores (I think?) and my duvet is from Tesco and as you can probably tell- I don't believe in there being such thing as having too much floral. My mum made the bunting for me using Cath Kidston fabric years ago but if you look on etsy/eBay you'll probably easily be able to find some you like.

I hope you liked this little look into one of my favourite corners of my room so please let me know if it was something you enjoyed.




15 comments:

  1. I spend a lot of time on my bed too. It's wear I do most of my reading and blogging. This was really interesting. Your room is very cute :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks cute and cosy. I love looking at other people's rooms, I am nosy ha.

    http://www.megamegalolz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww your room looks so lovely! I wish I had a memory foam matress. Also, those fairy lights are gorgeous

    have you seen my latest posts?
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super nosey so love these posts. I have a memory foam pillow and am now desperate for the mattress!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your room, it's so kitsch and pretty! I love all your Cath Kidston cushions and bunting its so lovely! xx

    ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks lovely. And that teddy is really cute as well!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw your mum is such a whizz, would love some bunting like that.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room is so pretty!!

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute deco!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always so jealous of your adorably pretty bedroom, Islay! Beautiful :-)

    www.samwichbox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.