Tuesday 8 October 2013

ride all night, LA calling



dress: littleblackdresses.co.uk peacock lace skater dress
shoes: amazon
lipstick:mac 'ruby woo'


first off- please can we ignore the fact that my legs are so white that they practically are reflecting the sun. I didn't have time to fake tan before I took these photos and although I went to New York in the summer I didn't even get a hint of a tan then!
Anyway, can we just appreciate how pretty this dress is?! I love the paisley print and how it's only on the top half, it would of been a bit too much if it was paisley all over. The dress is from blackdresses.co.uk and if you couldn't tell from their name then all they sell is black dresses. I think everyone needed a staple LBD and this is the site to go to if you want one, they have something for everyone ranging from just £19!  I really like the skater style to this dress, I find it more flattering when it's fitted at the top and the fact that it is long sleeved is a bonus too! I can't wait to wear it out (and by out I mean anywhere that's not my garden...) I found the sizing came up quite big on this particular one so if you're not sure I'd say size down.
I haven't worn mac 'ruby woo' in ages, I forgot how much I loved it and I think a classic red lip looks so good with a black dress and is the perfect excuse to wear a bright colour!




14 comments:

  1. love this dress! and the lipstick!

    abi x

    http://alittledustblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous dress!
    Looks beautiful.
    Your legs are no where near as white as mine so don't worry!

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing Islay, that dress is just stunning! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looks lovely and that dress is beautiful, I love the detailing on the top half :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! :)

    sunshineinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this dress, it's gorgeous!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress! The lace detail definitely makes it loads more unique (:

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is beautiful! The red lipstick really compliments the dress! xxx

    www.elizabethkenyon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is gorgeous and your hair looks lovely! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Stunning!x

    Love Sim♥

    http://beautywithsimmy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing! xxx
    http://longlovefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dress x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love this dress! So darling sweet and cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.