Friday 29 March 2013

how to do bright lips that last all day



I will very rarely leave the house without some form of bright lipstick on. Today I have a post to show you what I do when I want to wear a bright lip. The products I used were the Burts Bees lip balm (present from Helen), Rimmel lip liner in 'Indian Pink' and Revlon 'Cherries in the snow' lipstick (all time favourite). As you can see  before I use the products I look half dead and there is no colour in my face but once I've added the lips it looks much better!

First off I start by moisturising my lips to stop any of the product clinging to any dry patches (vom). I do this before I start putting any of my makeup on to give it time to sink in properly.
Next I take the lip liner, which as I said above was Indian Pink by Rimmel which I find helps to keep the lipstick in place for longer as it acts as a primer and makes the colour more vivid.
Draw a cross over your cupids bow on your lips which I find is the best way to make sure your lips have a good shape to them and looking full once you've finished all the steps.
Then line down both of the sides of the top lip and around the bottom lip, going slightly over the natural line to make your lips a tiny bit appear bigger.
Once you've done this you can fill them in (unless you're going for the whole lip liner just around the lips look which I really wouldn't recommend you do...).
Neaten up round the edges if you need to and then go over the top in the lipstick of your choice. I do the same method of doing a sort of cross on my cupids bow and then filling the rest in to keep the shape.
And you're done! I love wearing bright lipsticks and this is the easiest way I've found to do them. I am in no way an expert but bright lipstick is something I wear every day without fail and this is the best way I've found to do them. I really recommend trying a lip liner if you don't already use one as they really do keep the lipstick in place for longer. I find that using this method and these products it will stay in place for at least five hours before I have to give it a quick top up after I've eaten.

What did you think of this sort of post? Is it something you would like to see more of in the future? Leave your lipstick and lip liner recommendations below please!



p.s. I would LOVE it if you could give my blog a cheeky follow on bloglovin!




11 comments:

  1. Such a cute post, so helpful, really lovely idea! Love that colour on you too!

    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! I love this lip colour and it suits you ever so well :) After I saw it on your video how you filled all your lips with the liner I tried it and it lasts much longer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, i have that Revlon lipstick, i'll have to give it a go :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet! love to see how you apply bright red lips xo
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. An informative and helpful post! Gorgeous lip colour too!:)

    Belle Epoque
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour, it makes such a difference!
    This is a really great post. Never used lip liner before I might have to give it a try :)

    www.sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really loving you blog at the mo, I love all of your posts! xxx
    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! I really need to get a lip liner and can't wait to try this lipstick, just need to save up a few pennies :) It's such a beautiful colour.
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiya! Found your blog through bbloggers blog hop and have fallen in love with your blog! It's absolutely gorgeous and set out so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely ink colour! Your lips are so pretty! Following you on Bloglovin Xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.