Monday 31 December 2012

favourite bloggers of 2012!

This was so hard to narrow down to just a few, but in no particular order- these are my favourite blogs that I have read pretty much every post from since I started following them! The girls behind the blogs are are lovely too so go and check them out and tell them I said hi! Some of these blogs I've been reading for a year and some are just a couple of months but they're all great! So in no particular order, here we go...


Helen from beautifully superflous-
Helen is such a lovely girl and her blog is lovely too! She mostly posts reviews of products she's tried but also there's lots of hauls, makeup looks and also some lifestyle posts thrown in too! Oh and Helen makes YouTube videos too which are informative and funny too! Helen is they type of girl that once you start talking to her you don't stop, there always seems to be more to talk about!


































Ellie from Ellie's favourite things-
Ellie and I have been talking on twitter and stuff for literally a year now I think- she's like one of the coolest people ever and I wish she went to my school instead of living in Nottingham (200 miles away from me)! Ellie posts lots of outfits, arty things and she always goes to these cool vintagey fair things which she posts photos about and does hauls from! If you like cool people- go and check out her blog!h

Laura from style and sushi
Laura lives in the Netherlands which I think it really cool! Most of her posts are outfit ones (can I have all your clothes please Laura?) but she also does the occasional other post such as wishlists and instagram posts too! Oh and Laura is a really lovely girl and it sucks that she doesn't live in England so I can't pop round for a cuppa or a shopping trip! Move to England Laura pleeeease!

Ellie from style and starbucks
Ellie mostly does outfit posts but mixes it up with some of her (really cool) photography and even some baking posts! Ellie is really funny and a lovely girl along with having a great blog! Ellie why do you have to live like 100 miles away because I would totally spend my whole life round your house eating brownies and painting your nails if you lived near me.

Caroline from Burkatron
I can't put into words how much I love Caroline's blog! If you like my nail posts you'll LOVE hers- they're amaaazing! She is also very stylish and posts quite a few outfits too which I'm jealous of!

Megs from Wonderful You
I'll start this by saying, Meg can I just have your hair- PLEASE? Her blog and youtube is amazing too and I have major wardrobe envy from you guuuurl! Meg's photos are incredible too and she is so sweet!

Lauren from Laurenella
I've been following Lauren's blog for what seems like forever, she's hilarious and mainly posts outfits along with quite a few different posts such as wish lists to mix it up! Oh and she makes youtube videos too- yay! (Lauren I'm 100% meeting you next year too!)

Becky from blue belle lovely
I talk to Becky quite a bit on twitter, she's a lovely girl and deserves more followers on her blog! Becky posts quite a few hauls (yaay) and lots of other things such as empties and 'pinterest picks' which is cool!

Rebecca-louise from autumn leaves
If I remember rightly, Rebecca was one of the first blogs I found through taking part in the #bbloggers twitter chat and I have read her blog ever since! She's currently doing a 'favourites of 2012' mini series with her top products from different categories such as lipsticks/eyeshadows which is a really good idea and interesting to read!


Lizzie from cupcakes and cosmetics
First off I love Lizzie's blog name! If I could start mine again and if the name wasn't already taken I would totally want that as my blog name, it's so cute! Lizzie is such a lovely girl and is another fellow nail art junkie like me and we often end up with matching nails which is funny! She mainly does beauty posts but switches it up with instagram post and even updates of her dog Ben who is so cute- can I have my own Ben dog pleaseeee! Her blog layout is so cute too with there being lots of pink and floral (two of my favourite things ever) on it!


I have so many favourite blogs and I wish I could of included more in this post! There's a few more linked in my sidebar which you may want to take a look at if you're looking for more great blogs to follow! I wish I didn't live 100s of miles away from all these lovely ladies and I would love to meet them all in real life! Speaking of meet ups, have you seen the London bloggers meet up that Helen is arranging for summer 2013 yet? I'm definitely going and you should too!

I'll just take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE thank you to each and every one of you for taking the time to read and comment on my posts and watch my youtube videos- I never thought my blog would make it to how it is now and I only have all of you to thank for that! I hope everyone has an amazing new year and a great 2013, I've had such a good year this year and I hope that 2013 is just as good or even better than all the fun I've had in 2012!

I love discovering new blogs to read, which ones are your favourite reads?



11 comments:

  1. Aw thank you so much for including me in this! You're absolutely one of my favourite bloggers too (you were already included in one of the other parts of my favourites!) so it means a lot that you like what I post too :):):) I hope you have a wonderful new year, look forward to more blog posts from you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including me hun! Ahhhh I never stop talking hahah! Thank you - have an amazing New Year! Thanks again :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you so much for including me lovely! Mennn I want to move to England sooo bad!! Luckily we'll meet each other soon in 2013!!! :D I'm so excited!! Have an amazing New Year!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Islay you sweetie!I cant believe you included me thank you so much, there's my annoying now going to be constantly tweeting you for you ♥ Happy New year too! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, will be sure to check out these blogs :)

    Would you like to check out mine? allthingscass.blogspot.com

    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding new blogs, thanks for helping!

    Brunette in Louboutins A fashion & lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to find new blogs to read! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Islaay, I read this post when you first put it up and followed a couple of your favourites. I thought I'd put up my own blog faves over on my site and I wanted to let you know that you're one of them :)

    I don't comment an awful lot but I do visit and look at your awesome nail art (with envy) regularly :)

    Here's the link to the post if you'd like to see http://neenyswishlist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/my-blog-faves.html

    Lotss of love,
    Neeny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tips I am just checking them out :) Love Style & Sushi, too!
    www.wldhrts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found loads of excellent blogs just now :) Can't wait to go through them <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.