Monday 17 December 2012

proactiv 3-step system

I have been using the Proactiv 3-step system* for around 6 weeks or so now. You may of seen adverts for it  on the TV or in magazines before, it is endorsed by Gabriela from one of my favourite TV shows Made in Chelsea which I think is cool!
What they say: "Help your skin start a fresh with this blemish banishing medicated skincare system. Acne-prone skin can be gently cleansed, smoothed and smoothed in 3 simple steps, with results seen within weeks. Perfect for acne-prone skin" Sounds like a miracle product, yes? Well it is.
I've heard mixed things on Proactiv- some people seem to swear by it and say it woks miracles for them but others don't seem to notice much of a difference!

The set consists of three steps:
Step 1: Renewing Cleanser
Step 2: Revitalising Toner
Step 3: Repairing Treatment

As I said above, the first step is the renewing cleanser. This is an exfoliating facial wash which has tiny beads in to get rid of dead skin cells and helps remove any traces of makeup. Before using this I use the Liz Earle cleanse and polish or Herbalism from LUSH to remove my makeup as I don't feel that this works as a makeup remover.
It contains salysilic acid which is well known to help with acne. It is mild though and thankfully isn't irritating which I'm grateful of as my skin can be sensitive!
I just use this in the evenings as I don't like to exfoliate too often and it leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth without that tight feeling that you can sometimes get with some stronger acne treatments. It doesn't strip the oil from my face either which is good because when the oil is stripped it causes your skin to produce more oil, meaning your skin will be just as oily and as my skin can be oily I'm thankful of this!

Step two is the revitalising toner which I use morning and night straight after the first step after I have dried my face. This has a cooling and soothing effect as it is very mild and it has a fresh scent to it. I simply put a few drops onto a cotton pad and sweep it all over my face and neck. It has botanical extracts in which helps soften the skin and I would completely agree with this claim! It makes my skin really soft and smooth to the touch which it definitely didn't used to be like before starting using this!

The final step is the repairing treatment. I apply this mainly to my jaw, chin and forehead just in the evening. I apply it after my moisturiser which is the Nivea oil free moisturiser and leave it to sink in. It isn't greasy or drying which I thought it could be, and it has a nice consistency to it as it is quite thick but without it being too heavy on the skin.

What I thought...
Overall I have found Proactiv to be a great trio of products which work very well for my skin type. I wish I had taken a before photo but I forgot, boo! My skin was so much worse than it is now before and I'm so glad I have finally found a skincare routine which works for me!

Once again, you can buy Proactiv here

Have you tried Proactiv before? Did it work for you?







4 comments:

  1. I feel like Proactiv is taunting me lately, It's just following me around willing me to buy it. :p

    Thanks for the review!

    www.belletre,com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I will have to look into this! Glad you've found something that is perfect for your skin :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this worked so great for my skin! My skin is honestly so much better now :D
    lovely review :)
    hareem xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. الافضل في المملكة العربية السعودية شركة البيت السعيد افضل شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقصيم والتى يتواجد بها احدث الاجهزة المستخدمه في تحديد اماكن تسربات المياه ونمتاز باعمال القضاء على الحشرات فنحن افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقصيم ونمتاز بالخبره في خدمات العزل المختلفه حيث اننا افضل شركة عزل اسطح بالقصيم ونمتاز بالكفاءه في العزل المائى والحرارى لاسطح الشينكو والمنازل كما نتخصص في العزل للخزانات فتعد الشركة افضل شركة عزل خزانات بالقصيم ونعتمد على احدث الوسائل في العزل .

    http://www.mnzley.com/company-tanks-isolation-surfaces-qassim/


    http://www.mnzley.com/company-tanks-isolation-surfaces-qassim/

    http://www.mnzley.com/anti-insect-company-qassim/

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.